African Climate Mobility Youth Solutions |$5,000 in funding
Climate mobility, climate-induced migration, and forced displacement are becoming increasingly problematic in Africa. Africa suffers disproportionately from the effects of climate change, including floods, droughts, landslides, and heatwaves, although producing less than 4% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
The ACMI Youth Forum and the Global Centre for Climate Mobility (GCCM) Solutions Lab are now announcing a call for applications for African youth-led climate mobility solutions/projects to receive up to $5,000 in funding. This innovative funding structure for youth-led climate mobility solutions/projects has been established by the youth for the youth, with funding support from the Robert Bosch Stiftung. We believe in leveraging young people’s potential and breaking down obstacles to African youth access to climate financing in order to develop new solutions that promote climate resilience and help people to embark on positive adaptation journeys in the midst of the climate catastrophe.
African Climate Mobility Youth Solutions Requirements
- To be eligible, you must be between the ages of 18-35 years on the application deadline date to be considered.
- Also, please note that you must be from Africa in order to be considered. Migrant and displaced youth living in Africa or who were born in Africa are strongly encouraged to apply.
- If you are an individual or group without a registered organization, we recommend collaborating with a registered youth organization to submit your proposal.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, follow these steps:
- Fill out the online application form by providing detailed information about your project, its objectives, and its alignment with the fund’s criteria.
- Attach the required documents, including a project budget, implementation plan, and any additional supporting materials.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2023
For More Information: