Call for submissions: AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 | $10,000 prize
The AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 is now accepting applications. The AKO Caine Prize for African Writing is given each year to a short story written by an African author who has been published in English, whether or not the author is based in Africa.
A recognized charity, the AKO Caine Prize for African Writing uses its yearly literary award to promote African writing to a larger audience. In addition to managing the Prize, they promote African writers to audiences through a number of open forums and support upcoming authors in Africa by hosting an annual writers’ workshop for the Caine Prize that rotates between various African nations each year.
AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 Benefits
- Winner receives a cash prize of £10,000. Four shortlisted writers receive a cash prize of £500 each.
- Shortlisted writers will be invited to London to participate in a series of public events. Selected writers from the judges longlist will be invited to an annual workshop in an African Country.
AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 Eligibility
- The story must have been published in the five years preceding the submissions deadline. For 2023 eligibility, the judges will only consider work published between February 1, 2018 and January 25, 2023.
- Entries must be more than 3,000 words or less than 10,000 words.
- Entries must be submitted by a publisher. This includes publishers of physical and digital books, literary journals, magazines, and literary arts oriented websites.
- Writers must be over 18 years of age at the time of submission
- Self-published and unpublished works are not eligible.
- Publishers are encouraged to submit multiple short stories as long as they do not submit more than one story by the same author.
- Stories may only be entered for consideration for the AKO Caine Prize once. Unfortunately this means that you may not re-submit a story for consideration, even if it was not selected for the shortlist.
- Genres not eligible for entry include: stories for children, factual writing, academnic essays, plays, poetry and autobiography/biography.
- Submissions must specify which African country the author comes from and the short story word count.
AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 Application
Each story must be submitted by the publisher via the entry form by January , 2023.
Deadline: January 26, 2023
For more information, visit AKO Caine Prize.
- Orange Corners Nigeria Incubation Programme 2023 for Young Entrepreneurs | Bridging the opportunity gap!
- APPLY NOW: Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme 2023
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 | Entrepreneurship Pathway
- Sankalp Africa Awards 2023 for Africa’s most promising social entrepreneurs | Opportunities For Africans
- Call for Volunteers 2023: Slum2School Global Volunteer Program
- Call for application: Mastercard Start Path Small Business Program for Startups Worldwide
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
- Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarships for Nigerians to Study Abroad in 2023–2024 (Fully Funded)
- Apply now for the Yunus Centre Social Fiction Design Competition 2022 |$10,000 prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP