ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Are you a citizen of one of ARES’s partner countries? Do you have a post-secondary education? Do you have professional experience and want to hone your skills in a development-related field?
The ARES scholarships allow you to pursue a one-year advanced bachelor’s or master’s degree program or a 2-to-6-month continuing education program at a higher education institution in Belgium affiliated with the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
ARES Scholarships value
The scholarship covers international travel expenses, living allowance, registration fees, insurance, housing allowance, etc.
ARES Scholarships Eligibility
For a request to be valid, the applicant must:
- Be national, reside and work in one of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Guinea (Conakry), Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
- Hold a diploma comparable to a graduate level degree (300 credits ECTS) from Belgian university studies for advanced masters and continuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5); Hold a diploma comparable to a undergraduate level degree (180 credits ECTS) for advanced bachelors (equivalent to Bac+3). The candidate must have held the relevant academic degree for a maximum of 20 years at the time of the start of the course. This maximum period is increased by one year by childbirth and/or adoption.
- Possess relevant professional experience in a ARES partner country of at least two years after graduate studies for advanced bachelors, after postgraduate studies for advanced masters and continuing education courses.
- Complete the application in the language in which the training is given and can attest a good written and spoken knowledge of it. Moreover, knowing a minimum of French allows for a good integration into daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
Applicants should not obtain prior admission to one of the French-speaking institution in Belgium in order to be considered for ARES scholarship.
Application Deadline: 17 November 2023 at 12pm
For More Information Visit the Official Scholarship Website: