The Southern Africa Innovation Collective (SAIC) in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia organized the three-part Boost Up startup help program. The program focuses on entrepreneurs that employ technology and creativity to address societal problems and are seeking for abilities that could improve their ability to pitch their venture and gain additional funding.
The Set Up training sessions, Stand Up pitch competitions, and the Scale Up incubation program are all part of the Boost Up series.
BOOST UP Startup Support Programme 2023 Requirements
- Your startup is a registered business located in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, or Zambia.
- Technology and innovation play a key role in your business model to address a societal challenge in Southern Africa.
- You have a scalable business model.
- You are developing or finalising a prototype, or have a prototype ready.
- You or your startup have not won a SAIS 2-associated national pitch competition and participated in the Boost Up Bootcamp in 2022 or 2019, Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2018, or been sponsored by SAIS 2 to participate in Slush 2017.
BOOST UP Startup Support Programme 2023 Set Up
Boost Up Set Up provides entrepreneurs with practical tools to package their business idea and develop a pitch to attract their target market. The Set Up training is organised separately in each of the BOOST UP countries: Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Stand Up pitch competitions
At Boost Up Stand Up, committed startups who are eager to make an impact, have a scalable business model, and want to become more investable will compete in national pitching competitions in their countries. Connected Hubs representatives will select about 10 startups per country from the Set Up participantZAs that completed the training and invite them to pitch at Stand Up. At the pitching competitions, panels of expert judges will select the top startups to advance to interviews. After the interviews, one to two promising startups per country will be selected to take part in the Boost Up Scale Up incubator.
Scale Up incubation programme
Boost Up Scale Up is an incubation programme for impact-driven startups eager to become more investable. Scale Up includes an online incubation programme (September – November) and an on-site Bootcamp in Nairobi in Kenya.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
For More Information:
- Apply Now: ProvidusBank SME Program 2023 for Nigerians
- NPC Birth Registration Adhoc E – Recruitment Application for Nigerians
- Call for Proposals: 1 Million Youth Actions Challenge |Up to $5,000 CAD in funding
- Call for Application: Atlas Corps Fellowship 2024 for Global Professionals |Fully-funded to the United States
- Call for Application: Africa No Filter Climate Action Grant 2023 |up to $5,000
- Apply Now: Custodian Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 for Young Nigeria Graduates
- Trash to Cash Challenge 2023 for Young Ecopreneurs
- Call for Applications: Nestle Nigeria Technical Training Programme 2023 for young Nigerians
- Create and Influence for Social Change (CISC)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP