Call for Applications: BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition 2023 |$25,000 prize
Applications for the BRICS Young Innovators Prize 2023 are now being accepted. The BRICS Young Innovator Prize recognizes young bright entrepreneurs and researchers whose exceptional ideas (inventions, products, technologies, and services) will have a major influence on BRICS communities’ socioeconomic, environmental, and living situations. The BRICS Young Innovator Prize brings together young scientists and entrepreneurs from the BRICS countries to share best practices in innovation and venture capital.
This initiative began in 2018, during South Africa’s BRICS chairmanship. The BRICS Young Innovator Prize has been held five times with great success, and it has become an important arena for BRICS youths to showcase their innovative abilities and strengthen exchanges and cooperation. Competitions among adolescents from the BRICS countries will be held to award the Young Innovator Prize. The 6th BRICS Young Innovator Prize will be presented in person during the 7th BRICS Young Scientist Forum, which will take place in South Africa from July 31 to August 3, 2023.
BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition Prizes
- First Place – $25,000
- Second Place – $15,000
- Third Place – $10,000
BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition Eligibility
- The Innovations shall focus on the following 5 thematic areas:
- Modernizing manufacturing;
- Modernizing agriculture;
- Modernizing mining;
- Digital and Circular economies;
- The innovations should emanate from universities, research institutes or registered enterprises in line with a BRICS member country’s law;
- The project must be innovative and has been transformed from scientific and technological achievements;
- The innovation should be in a phase of limited product testing, discontinuous production, certification, or preparation of the product for market;
- The innovation should not infringe upon the intellectual property of any third party and the Intellectual Property Rights (including patent, standard, thesis, etc.) and must be owned by the project team members;
- The age of applicant must be under 40 years and a citizen of a BRICS country – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- Each applicant can only choose to compete in one project field for the awards.
BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition Assessment Criteria
- Social impact;
- Process Improvement;
- Contribution to Industry Competitiveness;
- Potential to replicate within BRICS member States and beyond; and
BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition Application
All applications are to be submitted by email to email@example.com by May 26, 2023 at Close of Business (16h00 CAT), with all supporting documents as per the application template.
Deadline: May 26, 2023
For more information, visit BRICS Competition.
- Call for Application: SALEMi Leadership School
- Call for Applications: SRHIN Health Equity Champions Program 2023
- Research Grant Program by The Internet Society Foundation |Funding up to US$500,000
- Call for Applications: UN Global Compact 2023 call for Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Pioneers
- African Fact-Checking Awards 2023 |$3,000 cash prize