The British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant for NYSC Agripreneurs
Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant is an Agricultural Entrepreneurship grant aimed to provide young people with viable Agri-firms with equity-free cash and other associated support they may need to scale their firms.
The project was designed and supported by the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) in collaboration with NYSC and is being implemented by the FATE Foundation. It is aimed at current National youngsters Service Corps (NYSC) members as part of BATNF’s efforts to encourage and support youngsters in sustainable agriculture.
British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation Objectives
- Make agribusiness attractive
- Reduce youth unemployment
- Drive youth engagement in Agriculture.
- Youth Development
- Train and Empower youth in agro-practices
British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation Benefits
Access to Finance:
- The top 6 finalists will win an equity-free grant of NGN 10 million (₦3m for the first Prize, ₦ 2m for 2nd Prize, and ₦ 1m for 3rd Prize)
- Linkage to financial institutions and investors for follow-on financing and/or credit facilities
- Winners will get technical support to establish their agribusiness
Training & Capacity Building
- Participation in an intensive “Think-through-your-business” boot camp
- Mentorship under seasoned entrepreneurs and Agric Experts
- Membership of the F4F alumni network
- Participation in other partner-drive training programs
- Support with business registration & other legal & regulatory requirements
Stages of Competition
1. Submit Your Application
The online application portal will be available for you to send in your applications
2. Virtual Bootcamp
20 Selected businesses will go through a rigorous virtual bootcamp where they will refine their business thesis and build a compelling pitch.ts.
3. Pitch Event & Award
The top 10 businesses from the bootcamp will pitch before a panel of expert judges and investors. 3 winners will be selected.
The 3 Winners will be given financing to execute, strengthen, advance and scale their businesses under the guidance of seasoned mentors. They will also be connected to the relevant networks they require to make progress
5. Join The Farmers For The Future Alumni
Continue to enjoy exclusive access to expert mentorship, insider opportunities and a robust support network that will open doors to follow on financing, new markets, etc.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023
For More Information:
- Immersion Program of Young Graduates in ECOWAS Institutions 2024
- The World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2024
- Call for Applications: MTN MoMo Hackathon 2023 |$10,000 in Prizes
- Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2023
- Wema Bank/EDC Mastercard Foundation Transforming Nigerian Youths Program 2023 for Young Female Entrepreneurs
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP