The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2023 for inspiring Youth Leaders |US$250,000 prize
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was created by Cisco and Global Citizen to honor a young person who is positively affecting the world, show the contribution of young people to the accomplishment of the United Nations Global Goals, and hasten the solution of world problems.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award recognizes a person between the ages of 18 and 30 who has made a significant contribution to the fight against severe poverty. The prize includes a US$250,000 cash payment to the charity the recipient supports.
Cisco Youth Leadership Award 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
- Candidates will be judged against criteria by a group of Global Citizen, Cisco, and independent experts.
- Up to five (5) finalists will be selected on or around February 24th, 2023 and will be required to submit three (3) letters of recommendation. If applying for the Prize, you should have your letters of recommendation ready for submission. Additional supplemental information might also be requested of finalists.
- If selected as one of the 5 finalists, you will be judged by a panel of representatives from Global Citizen, Cisco, and esteemed activists and leaders in the international development field.
- The application consists of four parts: (1) About You: Personal and Organization Information, (2) Pitch (3) Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria (4) Supplemental Organizational Details.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport.
- For the second part, you must explain why you deserve this award and provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch.
- For the third part, you will be required to answer 5 short answer questions about your work and you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria.
- And for the fourth part, you will submit proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption and other supplemental information.
- Applications open for submission on December 7th, 2022 9:00amPT and
- Close on Friday, January 20th, 2023 at 5:00 PM PT.
For More Information:
- Call for Volunteers 2023: Slum2School Global Volunteer Program
- Call for application: Mastercard Start Path Small Business Program for Startups Worldwide
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
- Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarships for Nigerians to Study Abroad in 2023–2024 (Fully Funded)
- Apply now for the Yunus Centre Social Fiction Design Competition 2022 |$10,000 prize
- Call for applications: CapaCiTi Software Development Programme 2023 for Young Africans
- Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme for Africa 2023 (Fully-funded)
- Apply Now: DeveloPPP Ventures Competition 2023 for Entrepreneurs in Africa
- Call for Proposals: UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women 2022 |up to $1,000,000
- UONGOZI Institute Youth Leadership Competition 2023 |$2,000 prize
- Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP