The Climate Investment Challenge 2023 for Graduate Students calls on graduate students to develop and describe creative financial solutions and innovations addressing the defining challenge of our time – climate change. This could include identifying untapped climate finance opportunities or developing innovative financial structures or instruments that improve the bankability of climate investments.
There is no single right answer. In the battle against climate change and its impacts, ideas across all sectors, topics, and regions are important!
Eligibility Criteria for Climate Investment Challenge 2023 for Graduate Students
- Students enrolled in a postgraduate degree (Masters, MBA, or PhD-level) at the time of the submission.
- The challenge is open globally to students from all academic backgrounds.
- Undergraduate students may participate as long as the leader of the group is enrolled in a postgraduate degree.
- Students will have to form teams of 2 to 6 members.
Climate Investment Challenge 2023 for Graduate Students Prizes
- The Main Competition Prize is focused on financial tools that exist today (e.g., REITs, bonds) to address a specific climate problem that is currently underserved. The winning team will be awarded £10,000.
- The Emerging Markets Prize is focused on financial tools that exist today (e.g., REITs, bonds) to address a specific Emerging Markets climate problem that is currently underserved. The winning team will be awarded £6,000.
- The Financial Disruption Prize harnesses technology to disrupt the financial industry (e.g., banking, insurance etc.) to solve climate problems at scale. The winning entrepreneurial idea will be able to utilise the prize money to develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). The winning team will be awarded £6,000.
Climate Investment Challenge 2023 for Graduate Students Application
The Climate Investment Challenge goes through three stages:
In Stage 1, your team will submit a Concept Note of your idea. If your team’s submission is selected, you’ll move on to the next stage.
In Stage 2 (the Semi-Finals), your team will be invited to develop a detailed slide-pack of your idea. If your team’s presentation is selected, you’ll be moved on to the final stage.
In Stage 3 (the Finals), your team will pitch your idea in front of a top-tier panel of judges from investment banking, private equity, and impact investing.
Deadline: March 3, 2023.
- APPLY NOW: Women in Food and Agriculture Mentorship Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: UN SDSN Youth Investment Readiness Programme 2023 for Social Entrepreneurs
- Call for Applications: CIVICUS Youth Action Team 2023
- APPLY NOW: Standard Chartered Bank Graduate Programme for Young Africans 2023
- How to answer why do you apply for this scholarship?
- APPLY NOW: African Union Commission (AUC)-EU Skills Initiative for Africa funding Window III
- APPLY NOW: EcoHeroes Initiative 2022-2023 for Secondary School Students in Africa
- Call for Applications: UN Foundation – The Big Brainstorm 2023 for Young Thinkers and Activists to design their future
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP