Are you a full-time secondary-level educator living and working in one of the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement countries or territories and interested in exploring new teaching methodologies, developing your skills with instructional technology, and learning about the U.S. educational system? Apply today for the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme 2023-2024.
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme sends overseas secondary school teachers to the United States for a six-week professional learning experience at a host university. Participants attend academic seminars, observe and co-teach in classrooms in the United States, and collaborate on best educational practices with educators and students at the host university and local secondary schools. To foster mutual understanding, participants participate in a variety of civic and cultural activities in their host towns.
Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme Details
- General Pedagogy Cohorts: Participants in the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program attend academic seminars at a host university on topics such as new teaching approaches, student-centered learning, instructional technology, and content-based training. Participants do a practicum with a U.S. partner educator of their same or similar discipline in a local secondary school for a minimum of 40 hours. Through cultural events, participants learn about the United States and their host communities.
- Participating Countries: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Russia, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank/Gaza, Zambia
- Media Literacy Cohorts: The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme will also bring a specialized cohort of international secondary-level teachers to the United States for a six-week professional development programme focused on media literacy. Educators will take academic seminars at a host university, share their expertise with U.S. teachers and students, and develop action plans to promote media literacy and critical thinking skills in their home schools and communities. As part of the programme, participants will observe classrooms and team teach with educators at the host university and at local schools. Participants will also take part in civic and cultural activities in their host communities.
- Participating Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme Funding
- This is a programme of the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government, administered by IREX.
Eligibility of Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme
- Open to educators in all disciplines including English as a foreign language, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), social studies, special education, and others at institutions serving primarily a local population.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience and demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Applicants must have the ability to travel to the United States for six weeks.
Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Programme Application
Contact your local U.S. Embassy or Fulbright Commission for information about how to apply, including specific application deadlines, as this varies by country or territory.
Deadline: Varies by Country
For more information, visit Fulbright TEA Programme.
- Call for Applications: EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy 2023 to Study in Nigeria, Senegal & Cape Verde | Fully-funded
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023 for low and middle-income countries) to Study in the United Kingdom | Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: African Development Bank 2023 Virtual Internship Program
- Call for Applications: GSMA AgriTech Accelerator 2023
- Call for Applications: Young African Leaders Programme
- APPLY NOW: SENCE Agric Internship Program 2023 For Young Nigerians
- Call for Applications: African Girls Can Code (AGCCI) Initiative Phase II
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP