The Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. The goal of the global agrifood techpreneur is to assist recent graduates in taking on their nation’s most pressing food sustainability concerns in order to increase food production and distribution, combat obesity and malnutrition, end hunger, and prevent food waste. The empowerment of local food distribution and production is their top priority.
Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme 2023 How it Works
- Young graduates are requested to submit applications each year outlining a problem with the food system in their nation and a plan for solving it. The AgriFood TechPreneur initiative will promote all suitably qualified proposals in March in conjunction with World Engineering Day for Sustainable Development. Starting in April and sponsored by RBS through the Business Builder platform, all qualified AgriFood TechPreneurs will be enrolled in a 6-week interactive course on entrepreneurship, technology, and sustainability in the food system. They are also collaborating with top business institutions across the world to make sure that the case studies for the courses are extremely insightful and influential. All AgriFood TechPreneurs will have access to the World Food tracker for free for one year to plan their farm set up and sell their AgriFood Produce. They are pleased to provide this amazing support to the AgriFood TechPreneurs while providing them with additional benefits such as sourcing sustainable nutrient, seeds, fry/fingerlings, chicks, piglets, etc. as well as sustainable farm machineries.
- According on the knowledge they have gained over the six-week interactive course on entrepreneurship, technology, and sustainability in the food system, the AgriFood TechPreneurs will, where appropriate, modify their plans. The expert panel will get the modified proposal for review and a recommendation to support it. The quality of the AgriFood TechPreneurs’ proposals, their attendance at the six-week interactive course on entrepreneurship, technology, and sustainability in the food system, and the help that their partners can offer them will all be factors in the support that is made available to them. When they commemorate World Sustainable Gastronomy Day in June, these supports will be made public; providing more visibility for the AgriFood TechPreneurs. Through their partnership with Financial Institutions, they will support the AgriFood TechPreneurs to apply for finance to start or scale up their solution by improving their business plan based on the learning from the 6 week interactive course on Entrepreneurship, Tech and Sustainability in the Food System. Where a small scale trial is feasible, they will encourage the AgriFood TechPreneur to explore it as it will boost their business plan.
Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme 2023 Eligibility
- Open to young graduates and Agrifood Techpreneurs;
- Be from anywhere in the world;
- Demonstrate interest in addressing key food sustainability challenges in their country.
Global Agrifood Techpreneur Programme 2023 Application
The application Deadline: February 20, 2023 at 11:59pm, GMT+1. The training period is 6 weeks starting from beginning of April.
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 | Entrepreneurship Pathway
- Sankalp Africa Awards 2023 for Africa’s most promising social entrepreneurs | Opportunities For Africans
- Call for Volunteers 2023: Slum2School Global Volunteer Program
- Call for application: Mastercard Start Path Small Business Program for Startups Worldwide
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
- Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarships for Nigerians to Study Abroad in 2023–2024 (Fully Funded)
- Apply now for the Yunus Centre Social Fiction Design Competition 2022 |$10,000 prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP