Call for Applications: Humphrey Fellowship Program for Mid Career Professionals 2023 Fully Funded to the USA
In order to advance solutions to the most urgent global challenges, such as combating climate change, protecting human rights, expanding access to education, and constructing global health security, the Humphrey Fellowship Program, a Fulbright Exchange, fosters relationships between U.S. and foreign leaders.
Mid-career professionals with a demonstrated history of leadership, a dedication to public service, and the ability to fully benefit from an independently defined program of non-degree study at a prestigious U.S. university are eligible for this ten-month Fellowship program.
- Professional Affiliation: A core component of the Humphrey Fellowship Program is a six-week Professional Affiliation (PA) experience that allows Fellows to collaborate with U.S.-based organizations, share best practices and knowledge with U.S. professionals, and apply their classroom learning to real-world settings. Humphrey Fellows serve an essential role at U.S. organizations while forming connections and impact that last long beyond their Fellowship year
- .Humphrey Seminar: The Humphrey Seminar is a required course where Humphrey Fellows develop their individual program goals and plan. It focuses on broad programmatic objectives, including an increased understanding of U.S. society and culture, professional networking, and leadership development.
- Global Leadership Forum: The Global Leadership Forum provides an opportunity for all Humphrey Fellows to participate in activities that enhance their leadership and professional skills; develop their understanding of social, cultural, and political processes and institutions; foster cross-sector collaboration between the cohort; and leverage the resources and networks available to them in our nation’s capital.
- Professional Development: The Humphrey Fellowship provides development opportunities to contribute to Humphrey Fellows’ professional growth and help them build partnerships that can take their work to the next level. Humphrey Fellows expand their perspectives on their work and global issues through immersive learning, collaboration, and networking. This includes participating in a tailored experience at a U.S. community college, engaging in thematic workshops that enhance Fellows’ skillsets, attending high-profile events with policymakers and scholars, and much more
- .Academic Enrichment: Humphrey Fellows are placed in cohorts at one of 13 Humphrey host universities based on the host university’s impact areas and the Fellows’ professional expertise. Humphrey Fellows partake in an educational experience where they learn from renowned faculty without the expectation of meeting specific degree or diploma requirements. This makes it possible for them to travel and network with American counterparts in their field of work, attend conferences, and engage in professional affiliation.
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- Have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service in the community
- Limited experience in the United States
- Demonstrated English language ability
Humphrey Fellowship Program for Mid Career Professionals Benefits
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences
Humphrey Fellowship Program for Mid Career Professionals Applications
Interested applicants must apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in their country. Application deadlines vary by country. Applications must contain:
- Complete answers to all questions; essay responses in English must thoroughly address the prompt.
- Two letters of reference in English; one must be from the applicant’s current employer.
- Official transcripts in English: Ensure all transcripts uploaded by the applicant are official, valid documents. Transcripts must list courses taken and grades received. Diplomas need only be uploaded if the transcript does not show proof that the degree was obtained.
After national selection, independent review committees review nominations in the United States, and final candidate approval is determined by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board. After receiving approval from the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board, the U.S. Embassies and Binational Fulbright Commissions will inform candidates of their status.
- Call for Applications: AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Impact Fellowship 2023 |Fully-funded to One Young World Summit
- Call for Application: Echoing Green Fellowship 2023 for Innovative Leaders $80,000 Seed Funding
- Call for Application: Bristol Myers Squibb Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2023 | Fully-funded to Belfast, Ireland
- Call for Applications: EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy 2023 to Study in Nigeria, Senegal & Cape Verde | Fully-funded
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023 for low and middle-income countries) to Study in the United Kingdom | Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: African Development Bank 2023 Virtual Internship Program
- Call for Applications: GSMA AgriTech Accelerator 2023
- Call for Applications: Young African Leaders Programme
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP