Applications are open for the IBM PhD Fellowship Programme 2023. Since 1951, the IBM PhD Fellowship Programme has collaborated with faculty, students and universities by recognizing and supporting exceptional PhD students that address focused areas of interest in technology.
Submitted applications should concentrate primarily in one of the IBM Focus Areas categories:
- Hybrid Cloud
- Artificial Intelligence
- Quantum Computing
- Responsible and Inclusive Technology
IBM PhD Fellowship Programme Award
The value of the awards vary by the country in which the university is located.
- Awards for universities in the United States are $40,000.
- Awards for other countries vary between $6,000 and $25,000.
IBM PhD Fellowship Programme Eligibility
- must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member; students cannot nominate themselves.
- must be enrolled full-time in a PhD programme over the academic year of the award or forfeit the fellowship.
- should have two years remaining in their programme at the time of nomination so the fellowship can be applied to the last two years of study.
- that are from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the programme.
- that are receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (except for academic scholarships) during the IBM PhD Fellowship funding period are ineligible for this award
- must stay in the same programme for the duration of the award —no transferring of departments or schools.
IBM PhD Fellowship Programme Selection Criteria
Awardees will be selected based upon:
- their potential for research excellence. All awardees will have an IBM mentor for the duration of the award period and are strongly encouraged to intern during the year of their award. All student visas must align with terms of the internship.
- the degree to which the nominees’ research aligns with IBM focus areas.
- academic standing, publications, and endorsements from faculty advisors and department heads.
IBM PhD Fellowship Programme Application
All nominations for the IBM PhD Fellowship must be submitted by faculty electronically over the Web on a standardized form to facilitate an open and uniform competition.
The nomination form will be available on the IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Programme website until February 17, 2023, at 11:59 pm United States Eastern Time (GMT-5).
Deadline: February 17, 2023
For more information, visit IBM PhD Fellowship.
- Apply Now: IBM PhD Fellowship Programme 2023 | Funding available
- APPLY: Tech4eva Femtech Acceleration Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: CIVICUS Youth Action Team 2023
- APPLY NOW: Standard Chartered Bank Graduate Programme for Young Africans 2023
- How to answer why do you apply for this scholarship?
- APPLY NOW: African Union Commission (AUC)-EU Skills Initiative for Africa funding Window III
- APPLY NOW: EcoHeroes Initiative 2022-2023 for Secondary School Students in Africa
- Call for Applications: UN Foundation – The Big Brainstorm 2023 for Young Thinkers and Activists to design their future
- Call for Applications: Rice Business Plan Competition 2023 for Student Startups | Up to $2M in prizes
- APPLY NOW: Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 for African Entrepreneurs | get $5,000 seed funding
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP