IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2023 |Funded
The IIASA summer program allows PhD candidates to work on a scientific project connected to the IIASA research agenda. From 1 June to 31 August each year, the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) welcomes up to 50 PhD students from throughout the world.
IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program Eligibility Requirements
- The program is designed for Ph.D. students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving their Ph.D.) working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work. Participants will be working under the direct mentorship of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment. They will produce a paper (serving as the first step towards a publishable journal article) and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
- Applicants can choose to work with up to two programs. IIASA strongly encourage to carefully read through all program descriptions before making your decision.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of National Member Organizations (NMO) countries.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times) and you will need to be present at the institute (i.e. no fieldwork or working remotely) for the full duration of the program.
Most of the institute’s National Member Organizations (NMOs) provide special grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP. Note: only limited slots available so there is a chance that selected candidates will not get funding from an NMO due to high demand).
The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually it is € 1500 per month plus airfare. If you are not citizen of or resident in an NMO country you must find alternative funds (either from your home institution or other sources) to finance participation.
- Applications to the 2023 program will open 6 October 2022 and run until 12 January 2023.
- Two letters of reference are required (to be received by latest 24 hrs past application deadline).
Application Deadline: 12 January 2023.
For More Information:
- Apply Now: Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships for African Students to Study at Oxford University,UK |Fully-funded
- Harvard University Motsepe Presidential Research Accelerator Program 2023/2024 |Fund for Africa
- McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2024 for study in Canada |Fully Funded
- Call for Applications: CJID Africa capacity building workshop on Climate Change
- Apply Now: ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP