Excellence and Entrance Scholarships: Average-based renewable scholarships for students studying in English from Africa, Indonesia, Vietnam, China, South Korea, India, or Bangladesh.
The University of Ottawa is proud of its international student population. As a result, beginning with the fall 2024 term, international students from these countries will get considerable tuition savings when enrolling in one of the qualified undergraduate programs provided in English.
International English Scholarships Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for these scholarships, international students must meet the following criteria:
- be a citizen of one of the countries listed
- be newly admitted in the fall 2024 term in one of the eligible undergraduate programs offered in English in one of the faculties listed
- not enroll in the French immersion stream
- have a valid study permit when classes start
- be enrolled full time.
Note: Canadian citizens with dual citizenship (Canada and another country) are not eligible since they already qualify for Canadian tuition rates.
International English Scholarships Eligible undergraduate programs
Students from Africa, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia or Vietnam will automatically be eligible for an Entrance or Excellence renewable, average-based scholarship when they enrol in an eligible undergraduate program offered in English. Students from China or South Korea will be considered for Excellence scholarships in those same programs.
|Faculty||Eligible programs||Ineligible programs|
|Telfer School of Management||
|Faculty of Engineering||
|Faculty of Health Sciences||
|Faculty of Science||
|Faculty of Social Sciences||
Scholarship amounts by country
Scholarship amounts vary, depending on the admission average and the faculty offering the program.
Excellence scholarships are awarded through a competitive process among the top candidates with an admission average of 90% or higher who apply for admission by April 1, 2024, and whose admission has been processed by April 15, 2024. Candidates whose first choice is the University of Ottawa will be favoured. Recipients must start their program in September. Insofar as possible and to maximize diversity, each faculty will award the same number of scholarships.
- Call for Applications: World Summit Award (WSA) Young Innovators Award 2023
- Cherie Blair Foundation for Women/Fate Foundation Road to Growth Programme 2023 for Nigerian Women Entrepreneurs
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- APPLY NOW: UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE SCHOLARSHIP (UTS)
- Call for Applications: Africa Scholarship Programme
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP