Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2024
Applications are now being accepted: 2024 Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition.
The Jemila Abubakar Essay Competition is an annual essay competition held in memory of Miss Jemila Abubakar, the Asido Foundation’s pioneer program manager who died in July 2020 after a brief illness.
The competition is available to undergraduate students in Nigerian higher institutions (universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, monotechnics, and schools of nursing), and the theme is always a current mental health issue. “Digital Mental Health Tools for Students” is the theme of the fourth edition of the JAME competition.
Prizes for Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2024
- Top 3 entries will be awarded cash prizes:
- 1st place: N200,000
- 2nd place N150,000
- 3rd place N100,000
- Top 15 entries will benefit from a mentorship program.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Eligibility
- The applicant must be an undergraduate of any Nigerian tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, monotechnics, school of nursing);
- Must be able to provide evidence of studentship and
- Sign the Asido Foundation’s Unashamed pledge.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Entry Guideline
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 and a maximum of 1500 words.
- Please go to this link to submit your entry
- Kindly attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, evidence of studentship and your certificate of your signed Unashamed pledge
Deadline: December 3, 2023
Note: Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2024
- The top 15 winners will receive certificates and become mentees in the JAME 2024 Fellowship program
- Submitting an AI-generated essay or engaging in any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Winners will be announced on our January 2024 Edition of interactive Monthly Community Engagement Series (IMCE)