Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Program 2024
The Global Citizenship Learning Program is open to university students between the ages of 18 and 25 who are enrolled at one of their partner universities and have a passion for local community impact. Applicants must be able to articulate themselves and comprehend others in English while discussing the complicated nature of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Their members are university students who are devoted to serving their communities and can build capacity, expand their areas of influence, and eventually model and promote global citizenship through their acts through the Global Citizenship Learning Program.
Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Program Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have sufficient English language skills to express themselves and understand others while discussing the complex nature of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
- Open to university students with a passion for local community impact aged 18- 25 that are currently enrolled at one of their partner universities.
Students from their partner universities are welcome to apply:
- Bangalore, India – B.M.S Group of Institutions
- Greater Accra, Ghana – Ashesi University
- New Orleans, United States – Dillard University
- Jena, Germany – Friedrich-Schiller-Universität
- Temuco, Chile – Universidad de La Frontera
- Hangzhou, China – Zhejiang University
Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Program Benefits
As a participant in the Global Citizenship Learning Program, you will:
- Experience different cultures first-hand and learn to work across boundaries of place and identity through hands-on workshops, training, and mentoring projects.
- Work alongside and build relationships with other student change-makers in China, India, Chile, Ghana, Germany, and the United States.
- Expand your knowledge about relevant global topics related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Co-create and develop impact projects with Fellows and partners in your community and around the world to drive change initiatives – small and big – for wider impact.
- Acquire skills in areas such as intercultural communications, teamwork, design thinking, project management, storytelling, podcasting, ethical leadership, and systems thinking.
- Subject to active participation, be invited to participate in a fully sponsored in-person annual convention in China, India, Chile, Ghana, Germany, and/or the United States.
- On successful completion of the program, become part of their unique, lifelong, supported global community of 600+ Senior Melton Fellows.
Deadline: November 15, 2023.