The Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme 2023 is presently accepting applications from interested parties. By offering financial support, the program aspires to establish a robust and sustainable AI ecosystem in Nigeria. Researchers and start-ups interested in accelerating their research and development efforts are encouraged to apply.
The program will provide up to N5,000,000 in funding to 45 successful AI researchers or start-ups in fields like as agriculture, finance, health care, education and workforce, governance, sustainability, and utility.
Eligibility Criteria | Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme 2023
Applicants are eligible for this program is they to meet the following conditions:
- Consortium that includes a start-up or technology company, Nigerian academic researcher or a foreign researcher
- Must have a research proposal that aligns with the Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy’s AI priority areas
- The applicant must have a detailed proposal outlining the project and its potential impact on the Nigerian economy
- Must have a demonstrable track record of excellence in research or entrepreneurship
- Must be able to publish at least one peer-reviewed article within one year of receiving the grant.
Grant applications will be reviewed by a panel of AI experts. The selection criteria will include:
- Novelty and originality of the research proposal
- Applicant’s track record of excellence in research or entrepreneurship
- Alignment of the research with the Ministry’s AI priority areas
- Feasibility of the project
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme should follow these steps:
- Applications must be submitted through the designated online channel provided
- The proposals will be evaluated by a panel of AI experts
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email and invited for an interview
- Successful applicants will be notified via email
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023