For the 2023–2024 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, applications are now being accepted. Through an immersive curriculum that combines academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning, the Obama Foundation Scholars program offers rising leaders from the United States and around the globe who are already making a difference in their communities the chance to take their work to the next level.
The Scholars program at Columbia University and the University of Chicago equips people with a demonstrated commitment to service with the knowledge and skills necessary to increase the impact of their efforts, find novel solutions to pressing global issues, and foster change through values-based leadership.
The programme will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders who are committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, thereby creating a global network that reaches across issues and borders. After completing the programme, Obama Foundation Scholars will:
- Return to work on their global issue of focus and implement their personalized action plan to accelerate positive change within their community.
- Have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, empower, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Benefits
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City;
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University;
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University;
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City;
- Air travel to and from home country and any programme-related activities.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility
The Obama Foundation Scholars Programme at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program Application
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials:
- Complete online application form
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal video statement
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
Deadline: January 19, 2023
For more information, visit Obama Foundation Scholars.
- Applications are now being accepted for the TechWomen Emerging Leaders Programme – Fall 2023 (Fully-funded)
- Call for application: World Bank Group Summer Internship Program 2023 for young Professionals |Paid Internship
- Apply for the Commonwealth Blue Charter Project Incubator 2022-2023 |up to £50,000
- APPLY NOW: Mahathir Science Award for Tropical Agriculture, Architecture, and Engineering 2023 ($100,000 prize)
- Call for application: Food Systems Accelerator Program 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP