Proposals for Pathways Communication Grants 2023 are being accepted. The routes Communication Grants Program aims to guarantee that scientific contributions that assist the establishment of sustainable routes reach important audiences outside of the scientific community. To encourage broader adoption and comprehension of sustainable pathways, the award funds the dissemination of scientific findings from place-based research initiatives using innovative forms and methods.
Proposals must be based on completed outcomes of inter-/transdisciplinary place-based research projects that advance the understanding of at least one of the following three aspects of pathways for sustainability:
- How to navigate competing development agendas and claims on resources in order to foster transformative change in complex human-environment systems.
- How transformations can be mobilized through processes of knowledge co-production in order to enable expansion of integrated pathways to sustainability in a specific context.
- How pathways and processes of transformation, which are highly context specific, interact across locations and scales with other processes of transformation to produce knock-on tensions and/or synergies.
Research outcomes must contribute to the development of pathways for sustainability in practice. They must not be limited to disseminating knowledge on the state of the problem.
Pathways Communication Grants 2023 Funding
- The funding amount for each project in 2023 is between €2,500 to €10,000. The total funding available in €60,000.
Pathways Communication Grants 2023 Eligibility
- Researchers, including PhD students, who are affiliated with universities and/or research institutions are invited to submit proposals for communication products that aim to disseminate scientific outcomes developed within inter- and/or transdisciplinary place-based research projects on pathways for sustainability, and are addressed to the broader public.
- Priority Groups: One third of the funding will be allocated to support proposals led by researchers from and working in low and middle income countries. Another third will be allocated to support proposals led by early career researchers, as another priority group. Early career researchers are defined here as PhD students or researchers who have received their PhD within the last ten years.
Pathways Communication Grants 2023 Evaluation Criteria
Eligible proposals will be evaluated based on:
- The fit of the proposal to the scope of the call
- The clarity and relevance of the proposal
- The novelty and potential impact of the communication product on the uptake, understanding and reach of place-based research on pathways for sustainability beyond the scientific community
- The quality and originality of the research outputs forming the basis for the communication product
- The competences and quality of the team (relevant expertise, level of interdisciplinarity between natural and social sciences and/or transdisciplinarity, diversity in terms of geography, gender, career stage)
- The overall communication and dissemination approach
Pathways Communication Grants 2023 Application
Proposals must provide the following elements, consolidated into a single PDF document. Ensure that all links to supplementary material are active and accessible from the PDF file provided.
- Title of the communication product and type of product.
- The name, affiliation and contact details of the Scientific Leader of the proposal. Applicants who are members of a Future Earth entity, such as a Global Research Project, a Knowledge Action Network, a National Committee, etc. are asked to indicate so in their application.
- Proposal narrative (1000 – 2000 words) explaining the content to be communicated, the target audience(s) and how they will be reached. Proposals must clearly describe the pathways being developed within the research project, explain which of the three aspects of pathways for sustainability are being addressed (refer to Scope of Proposals section), and outline how the communication product will contribute to greater impact of these pathways in terms of uptake, understanding, and reach beyond the scientific community.
- Detailed development and dissemination plans (including timeline, milestones, targeted audience(s) and how they will be reached).
- Budget and budget narrative detailing how the grant funding will be spent. Provide the contact details of the communication service providers and their quotes if known and list any other funding support or grants for which the applicant has applied, including amounts and the results, if known. Budget must be calculated in Euros. If ineligible costs are included in the proposal budget, indicate whether these costs are covered elsewhere and specify that they are not being requested from this grant.
- Short CV for the Scientific Leader and proposal partners, no longer than 2 pages for each. Previous experience in communication with a broad audience should be highlighted.
- Letter of Intent duly signed by the Beneficiary (i.e. the legal entity receiving funding for a Project selected as a result of the Call for Proposals) certifying the Beneficiary’s agreement with receiving the funds in case of proposal success and; the Rules of Participation defined in the document here (which includes the template for the Letter of Intent).
Applicants should send the above materials as a single PDF to the Future Earth Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submission materials should be written in English.
For more information, visit Pathways Communication Grants.
- Apply Now: Pitch AgriHack 2023 for Young Entrepreneurs |$45,000 Total prize money100+ Accelerator Circular Economy Challenge 2023 |up to $100,000
- Call for Applications: Africa Young Innovators for Health Award 2023
- Call for Application: SALEMi Leadership School Cohort 6
- APPLY NOW: McKinsey & Company Africa Forward Program For Young African Professionals 2023
- UNECA Africa Youth SDG Innovation Award 2023 for young African Entrepreneurs |Fully Funded to African Youth SDG Summit in Lusaka, Zambia
- Call for Applications: Global Good Fund Fellowship 2024 for Emerging Leaders & Entrepreneurs
- One Young World Refugee Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit 2023 |Fully-funded to Belfast, Ireland
- Leading for A Change Certificate Program
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP