Apply Now: Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Cohort 6 Program 2023 for women-led tech Kenyan startups |10, 000USD seed funding
The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading incubator program for female-founded enterprises, aligned with requests for greater diversity in technology and entrepreneurship, as well as more possibilities for women to build entrepreneurial and leadership prowess. Standard Chartered created the program in collaboration with Strathmore University’s @iBizAfrica Centre.
The program combines world-class startup support with local and international experience to provide a comprehensive startup incubation program focused on immersive learning, mentorship and coaching, seed financing, and business-to-business linkages for high-potential startups tackling the continent’s most pressing challenges.
Standard Chartered is seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-led tech startups as key drivers of innovation in business.
The Eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or cofounded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Entrepreneurs undergo an in depth evaluation of the current state of their company operation. This informs the methodology of curriculum delivery meeting unique needs of each venture.
Mentorship & Coaching
Inhouse mentors coaches walk the incubation journey with entrepreneurs by facilitating customized mentorship and coaching sessions addressing each company’s needs.
Access to Seed Financing
The program enables entrepreneurs to undergo rigorous preparation that allows them to effectively acquire and utilize investments in operations. The program invests 10,000 USD each, for five high potential companies in each cohort.
Business 2 Business Matching
Companies are able to access a rich network of enablers and partners within and outside the ecosystem; enabling them to create sustainable partnerships for business growth.
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to market and scale for the top five finalists.
Application Deadline: May 28, 2023
For More Information:
- Call for Applications: Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2023 |Fully Funded to Belfast, United Kingdom
- Innovate for Impact: Youth Designathon for the SDGs
- Call for Applications: NATO Young Professionals Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: Pulitzer Center Rainforest Journalism Fund (RJF) Internship 2023
- Call for Applications: UNDP/Samsung Generation17 Programme for young changemakers
- Apply Now: Mastercard Foundation-Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate Fellowship for young Africans |Paid Fellowship
- PwC Ghana Graduate trainee Recruitment Program 2023 for young Ghanaian graduates | Apply Now
- Apply Now: Nestlé Central and West Africa Region’s (CWAR) Nesternship 2023 Program for young Africans.