Call for Applications: The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Bursary 2023 for young South Africans |R40 000,00 per academic year
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is dedicated to fulfilling its socioeconomic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of financial assistance to community recipients in the Johannesburg metropolitan area who plan to pursue academic studies at a recognized TVET College and/or HET Institution in South Africa.
The bursary is available for qualifications that require at least one year of full-time study. The CoJ is providing scholarships to South African adolescents who live in Johannesburg permanently to pursue full-time undergraduate courses in the following technical and vocational study fields:
- Computer Systems Network and System Administration
- Data Management
- Software Developer
- Electrical Sports Management
- Information Technology/Security
- Web Developer
- Machining WeldingCriteria for selection
• Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
• Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
• It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
• The bursary is for qualifications of no less than one year.
• The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
• The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Bursary Benefits
- The Bursary covers Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R40 000,00 per academic year
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi Tel No: (011) 407 6979
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and matric certificate, any relevant qualifications, and proof of income must be included with the application.
Application Deadline: April 25, 2023
For More Information:
- Call for Applications: IBM Sustainability Accelerator Water Cohort 2023
- Call for Applications: Next Titan Africa 2023 for Young African Entrepreneurs |$100,000 grand prize
- Call for Applications: SME Growth Lab Accelerator Program 2023 for female entrepreneurs
- How to prepare for a scholarship interview
- Apply Now: YALI RLC SA Emerging Leaders Programme 2023 – Online Cohort 18
- Call for Applications: Mastercard Foundation Young Impact Associates| Chohort 2
- Apply Now: Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Cohort 6 Program 2023 for women-led tech Kenyan startups |10, 000USD seed funding