The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
Lester B. Pearson Overseas Scholarships at the University of Toronto provide an exceptional opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s top universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to award students who have showed outstanding academic success and inventiveness, as well as those who have served as school leaders. The student’s impact on the lives of their school and community, as well as their future ability to positively contribute to the global community, is heavily emphasized.
These annual awards honor excellent students from around the world, including overseas students enrolled in Canadian high schools. This is the University of Toronto’s most renowned and competitive international student scholarship. For four years, the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence assistance. The grant is exclusively available for first-year undergraduate programs at the University of Toronto. Lester B. Pearson Scholars will be named each year to roughly 37 students.
How to apply Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counsellor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, who are accepted as leaders within their school, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results by virtue of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy and impact on the life of their school and community.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2023
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2024 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered).
School nomination deadline: November 30, 2023
Student OUAC admission application deadline: December 15, 2023
University Admission Deadline: November 7, 2023
- Apply Now! ADB Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2023/24
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship to study at the University of Cambridge in the UK
- Call for Applications: Melvin M.S. Goo Writing Fellowship 2024 |up to $10,000
- Apply Now: Awa Prize for Women Entrepreneurs 2023
- UNICEF Internship Programme 2023/2024 for students and recent graduates worldwide |Fully Funded
- Apply Now: WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024 for African Female Students
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP