The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University, which is part of Columbia World Projects and Columbia Global, launched its seventh cohort application today, inviting rising leaders from around the world to apply to participate in a nine-month immersive program of academic, skill-based, and experiential learning.
Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program brings together young leaders from throughout the world who have showed a dedication to finding solutions to difficulties in their communities, countries, and regions. Over the course of an academic year, Obama Foundation Scholars have the chance to broaden their knowledge and abilities while also developing new capacities and networks that will allow them to have a greater impact in their home countries. Scholars from the United States and throughout the world are skilled practitioners in a variety of sectors, including education, community and civic engagement, and sustainable development.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility Requirements
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience
Please note: Priority will be given to applicants who have not matriculated at Columbia University. The fellowship is a full-time, residential program at Columbia and cannot be undertaken at the same time as a degree program.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program Benefits
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program Application Requirements
Complete online application form
Complete the online application form by 5 p.m. ET on December 12, 2023.
The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
Personal video statement
The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than three minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement can be found in the online application.
Application Deadline: December 12, 2023 at 5 p.m. EST.
For More Information: