For the 2023 World Data Visualization Prize, submissions are requested. The prize, which was introduced for the 2019 edition, emphasizes how governments are enhancing the lives of residents as well as the innovations – both visible and invisible – that fuel and gauge success in this area.
The World Government Summit Organization, a worldwide, impartial, non-profit organization committed to influencing the future of governments, is the host of this $50,000 global creative data challenge. Datasets and topics are provided by them. You offer imaginative, clear data visualizations that create a story or highlight an intriguing aspect of the data.
The winning artworks will be awarded monetary prizes, will be featured in the international press, and will have the opportunity to be shown to world leaders during the World Government Summit in February 2023.
This year’s prize focuses on the past, present and future. How well has the world progressed and improved in recent years? Where do we stand right now and how could we measure that? And what factors and drivers might shape society, government and citizens of the future?
Championing the power of data-visualization to inspire new ways of thinking and seeing the world
Categories of The World Data Visualization Prize 2023
Just choose a concept and a dataset. Dive in, explore, create. Choose one or visualize all three of the following competition concepts and datasets.
- What Just Happened? What’s improved? What’s broken through? What’s gone supernova? Charting our development across many different metrics over a 10 year period to highlight the successes – and the bottlenecks.
- Dashboard of the Present Future. Governments need to see how well they, their nation and their populace are doing – from a data-perspective. Design us a data display for this purpose. How might it look, feel and function. Which metrics are primary?
- The Future of Frontiers. What factors and drivers might shape the society, government and citizens of the future? Tracking and visualising our progress and predictions for innovation in adaptation, future governance, public services, and social technology.
The World Data Visualization Prize 2023 Prizes
- $25,000-Grand Prize Winner
- $7,500-Interactive, Winner
- $5,000-Interactive, Runner-up
- $2,500-Interactive, Third Place
- $5,000-Poster, Winner
- $3,000-Poster, Runner-up
- $1,000-Poster, Third Place
- $1,000-Poster, Fourth Place
Eligibility for The World Data Visualization Prize 2023
- The competition is open to anyone interested in design, data-analytics, and visual story-telling.
- Maybe you’re a designer, a developer, a creative professional, an analytics ninja, solo practitioner or a team – all are welcome to take part.
The World Data Visualization Prize 2023 Rules
- All entries must have the World Government Summit logo somewhere on the layout.
- You are welcome to use any tool, software, or library to create your interactive or static visualisation.
- For posters & single images, minimum resolution is 640 pixels tall. Max is 3000 pixels wide (no height restriction). Please send a link to very large files.
- You may enter up to one entry per concept. So a max of three per team or individual total please.
- Make sure entries have a clear title, legend and other details to aid understanding.
- Entries can be in any language, but please supply an English translation if possible.
The World Data Visualization Prize 2023 Application
Entries can be expressed and submitted in two different forms:
- Interactive: A multi-view dynamic visualization allowing us to filter, play, and otherwise explore the data and information
- Poster/Chart: A single static graphic that highlights a pattern, trend or connection in the data… or somehow – incredibly – visualizes it all!
Deadline: February 1, 2023
For more information, visit World Data Visualization Prize.
- Call for Mentors: VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: Young African Leaders Programme
- APPLY NOW: Because International Impact Competition
- Z Zurich Foundation One Young World Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded to attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK
- Call for Applications: African Girls Can Code (AGCCI) Initiative Phase II
- Call for Applications: Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Programme 2023 | up to $10,000
- Finland Government Scholarships for International Students are open Fully-funded for Bachelors and Masters Degree
- APPLY NOW: African Union Commission (AUC)-EU Skills Initiative for Africa funding Window III
- APPLY NOW: EcoHeroes Initiative 2022-2023 for Secondary School Students in Africa
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP