A one-million-dollar award given to an extraordinary teacher who has made a significant contribution to their field.
The Global Teacher Prize emphasizes the importance of educators and the fact that their work should be recognized and honored globally. It aims to recognize the positive effects of the best teachers, not just on their students but also on the communities in which they live.
Varkey Foundation Eligibility Criteria
- The Prize is open to currently working teachers who teach children that are in compulsory schooling, or are between the ages of five and eighteen.
- Teachers who teach children age 4+ in an Early Years government-recognised curriculum are also eligible, as are teachers who teach on a part-time basis, and teachers of online courses.
- Teachers must spend at least 10 hours per week teaching children face-to-face, and plan to remain in the teaching profession for the next 5 years.
- The Prize is open to teachers in every kind of school and, subject to local laws, in every country in the world.
Varkey Foundation Benefits
The Prize will be paid to the winner by VF in equal annual instalments of US$100,000
Deadline: May 7, 2023.
- Apply Now: Gasworks Residency 2023 for Artists in South Africa & Zimbabwe |Fully-funded to London
- Call for Applications: Jamlab Accelerator Programme 2023 for Journalism & Media Innovators
- Chatham House Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship 2023 | Fully Funded to London, UK £2,365 monthly stipend
- Call for Applications: Teach4SDGs Programme 2023
- KPMG East Africa Graduate Recruitment Programme 2023 for young East Africans
- Call for Applications: Next Titan Africa 2023 for Young African Entrepreneurs |$100,000 grand prize