Westerwelle Young Founders Program – Spring 2024 for young Entrepreneurs
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future. We offer targeted support to scale our founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following program plan:
- Kick-Off Event: A two-day digital kick-off event will take place at the beginning of March 2024.
- Remote Programme: From March–August, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, monthly peer learning sessions, monthly expert workshops, and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best-performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Berlin in June 2025. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events, and get insights into the German start-up scene.
Westerwelle Young Founders Program is looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- You are a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact, or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in program activities for six months.
The following form is the first phase of the application process and will provide our Program Team with a general overview of your startup and profile. Westerwelle Young Founders Programme may then request additional information and documentation.
The application will take approximately 8 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Application deadline: Sunday, 11 February at 23:59 CET
- Interviews with shortlisted candidates: 19 February – 8 March
For technical issues ONLY (i.e. cannot submit form): please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of all applicants: 11 March
Deadline: 11 February 2024
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP