The Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Program 2023 is now accepting applications. The WIA Young Leaders initiative aims to encourage and spotlight young African female leaders who will play a significant part in the African revolution.
This year, ten leaders will benefit from a customized training program focusing on women’s leadership and future abilities. Students will be guided by famous mentors and will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a business trip to a world economic hub. This trip will provide them with access to a high-level professional network, training, opportunities to meet specialists in their fields, and increased visibility at international events.
WIA Young Leaders Program Benefits
The WIA Young Leaders program will be an opportunity to:
- Connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists, business or public figures, and serial entrepreneurs.
- Be trained on boards, media training, career coaching and other customized training.
- Benefit from international media visibility.
WIA Young Leaders Program Eligibility
- Open to women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level).
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country.
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment.
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience).
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds.
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file: 12 pre-finalists
- Interview with the jury: 10 selected leaders
WIA Young Leaders Program Application
The deadline for applications is April 21, 2023 at midnight (French time). All young African women who contribute to building a dynamic, innovative and inclusive Africa are invited to apply for the programme.
For more information, visit WIA Young Leaders Program.
- Apply Now: World Trade Organisation (WTO) Young Professionals Programme 2024 |salary of CHF 3,500
- Apply Now: Nitda in Collaboration with GMGA Digital Literacy Academy for Women
- Apply Now: Halcyon Climate Resilience in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Intensive Fellowship 2023 ($5,000 Stipend)
- Call for Applications: Council of Europe Youth Peace Camp 2023
- APPLY NOW: PwC Nigeria Graduate Associate Programme 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- Call for Applications: Nigeria Health Watch Collaborative Solutions Journalism Grant 2023 |up to N1,000,000
- Call for Applications: Mandela Rhodes Foundation (MRF) Postgraduate Scholarships 2024 for study in South Africa |Fully Funded
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP