The Hi-Innovator Women Accelerator 2023 is now accepting applications. Over a five-year period, Hi-Innovator set out to support startup and expanding companies operating in the Ugandan ecosystem.
The program aims to have an impact on 92,400 women who are both employers and employees across Uganda’s five regions, as well as 132,000 kids who are connected to 20 hubs/ESOs throughout the nation.
In order to meet this goal, they are starting a women’s accelerator to give female business owners from all spheres of industry the chance to sharpen their managerial abilities, expand their companies’ resilience while also increasing their competitiveness and positioning them to benefit from financial services. Their goal is to provide money for 100 women-owned or -led enterprises through this appeal, with each receiving a grant of USD $20,000, technical support, market connections, and encouragement to get additional finance.
Women Accelerator 2023 for Female Entrepreneurs Benefits
During the programme, businesses will get
- $20,000 USD grant funding and in turn provide a 6% equity stake ownership to NSSF
- Tailored technical support will be available to all businesses
- Mentorship and peer-peer learning opportunities
- Investor networking sessions, forward & backward market linkages
- Unlimited access to the learning content in the Business Academy
Women Accelerator 2023 for Female Entrepreneurs Eligibility
- Business should be fully registered with Uganda Registry Services Bureau (URSB), Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), and National Social Security Fund (NSSF). First time registration before application is acceptable.
- The business should have been legally and actively operational in Uganda for at least two years.
- The business employs at least 2 full time staff with at least 50% of the staff below 35 years of age.
- The business should be 50% female owned and or have 70% women in top management/leadership positions.
- The business should have made a minimum annual revenue of Uganda Shillings 10 million in the past year and has not raised more than Uganda Shilling 1 Billion in grants, convertible grants, debt or private equity.
- Has evidence of 100% completion of the Hi-Innovator business academy course.
- Businesses in all sectors are eligible to participate.
- Willing to provide a 6% equity stake ownership to NSSF.
Deadline: January 31, 2023
For more information, visit Hi-Innovator Women Accelerator.
- APPLY: Hi-Innovator Women Accelerator 2023 for Female Entrepreneurs in Uganda
- Call for submissions: AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 | $10,000 prize
- Call for Application: Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
- Call for Application: Zonal Coordinator for an Edutech Advocacy Project
- Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarships for Nigerians to Study Abroad in 2023–2024 (Fully Funded)
- Call for application: Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2023 |€5,000 prize
- Call for applications: CapaCiTi Software Development Programme 2023 for Young Africans
- UONGOZI Institute Youth Leadership Competition 2023 |$2,000 prize
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP