WomHub African Innovation Fellowship for Africa Women Entrepreneurs
The development of female entrepreneurs is important to the transformation of the African continent. Are you a driven African female innovator with a game-changing idea in Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, or Mining (STEM)? Do you fill a development gap in your country? Are you ready to transform your concept into a thriving startup that has the potential to impact the world? If this is the case, they would like to welcome you to apply for our Africa Innovation Fellowship Program.
Since 2019, Africa Innovation Fellowship (AIF) has been creating women-owned STEM inventions across Sub-Saharan Africa in collaboration with the Royal Academy of Engineering. AIF 2023 is an eight-month leadership and business development opportunity for African women innovators with an early-stage engineering idea or start-up that wants to expand, scale, and be investor ready. Several AIF alumni have gone on to win the Royal Academy of Engineering’s Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation.
AIF begins in October 2023 with a virtual masterclass series on concept and business incubation, leadership development, fundraising, and pitch readiness and concludes in May 2024. The program is meant to provide founders with a fully funded in-person entrepreneurship bootcamp, professional engineering council, venture clinic, mentorship, and financial counseling to help them convert their creative ideas into profitable enterprises.
WomHub African Innovation Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
– Applicants must have a registered new or innovative STEM-based business idea or startup based in sub-Saharan Africa.
– Applicants should have developed, and be in the early stages of commercialising, an engineering innovation that will bring social and/or environmental benefits to a country/countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
– Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa*. For teams of two or more, the main applicant must be a citizen of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
– No alumni – or co-founders of alumni – on the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation will be eligible for the AIF programme.
– Strong commitment to pursuing entrepreneurship.
– Applicants must be able to commit for the eight month-long programme commencing in October 2023 to May 2024.
– Applicants must have a valid passport and be available to travel between October 2023 to May 2024.
– Demonstrated passion and knowledge in their chosen STEM field.
– Willingness to actively participate in the program.
– Applicants must identify as women.
– Applicants must be over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit.
* For the purposes of this Fellowship, Sub-Saharans African countries include:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland/eSwatini, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
WomHub African Innovation Fellowship Benefits
-Mentorship: Access to a network of experienced mentors and industry experts.
– Workshops and Training: Comprehensive training in business development, including; market access, product strategy, external factors, commercial models.
– Co-working Space: Access to a dedicated workspace equipped with essential resources.
– Networking Opportunities: Connect with fellow entrepreneurs, investors, and potential collaborators.
– Pitch Opportunities: Present your startup to potential investors and partners.
– Exposure: Showcase your innovation to a global audience.
- Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarships Programme 2023/2024 for young Nigerians
- Call for Applications: ILO Global Media Competition on Labour Migration 2023
- Call for Applications: Aspire Leaders Program for Young Leaders Worldwide 2024
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023/2024 Application Cycle Now Open
- Call for Applications: Arewa Ladies4Tech
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP