World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023/2024 |Fully-funded to Washington, DC
The World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023/2024 is now accepting applications. The program seeks young brilliant African citizens who are pursuing or have recently finished a Ph.D. in a field relevant to the World Bank’s mission. Since its establishment, the fellowship program has been extremely effective in developing a solid pipeline of young African talent interested in working in development, international organizations, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
The program provides selected fellows with a six-month assignment at WBG headquarters in Washington, D.C. or in country offices to obtain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This encompasses the development and distribution of information, the design of global and national policies, and the establishment of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. Fellows will benefit from research and innovation in a variety of areas while also working on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s aims of eradicating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program Benefits
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program Eliigbility
- Applicant must be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program Selection Process
- Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- Phase II: The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2024.
World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program Application
The deadline for applications is August 25, 2023. Applications after the deadline will not be considered.
For more information, visit World Bank Group.
- Call for Applications: “African Union Leveraging Arts for Peace” – Training on Silencing the Guns 2023
- Cambridge Middle East & North Africa Forum’s Young Leaders’ Initiative 2023
- Call For Applications: SaaS Accelerator Program for Africa 2023 |Up to €100K Funding
- Call for Entries: Creative Business Cup Nigeria 2023 |1 Million Naira Grant
- Call for Applications: Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence 2023-2024 |up to £25,000
- Apply Now: SAP Young Professionals Program for young African graduates
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP