The World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme 2024 is now accepting applications. The WTO Young Professionals Programme was established in 2016 to provide competent young professionals from developing and least-developed countries who are WTO members with the chance to expand their understanding of WTO and international trade issues.
The initiative intends to attract experts from under-represented nations, increasing their prospects of getting hired by the World Trade Organization and/or other regional and international organizations. The Project is part of the Secretariat’s efforts to improve diversity and diversify membership participation.
The selected young professionals are assigned to a specific division of the WTO Secretariat depending on the organization’s needs and priorities as well as the young professional’s areas of interest. Accessions, agriculture, dispute resolution, intellectual property rights, government procurement (GPA), competition policy, market access, rules, trade and development, trade and environment, trade in services and investment, trade facilitation, trade policy analysis, and trade-related technical assistance are all possible areas of work.
WTO Young Professionals Programme Benefits
- Participants under the programme receive a monthly salary of CHF 3,500. The WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs.
WTO Young Professionals Programme Eligibility
A candidate must:
- be a national of a WTO member state.
- have an advanced university degree in law, economics, and other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work.
- have a minimum of two years’ relevant experience.
- demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work.
- be fluent in English. A good working knowledge of one of the WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage.
- be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of the YPP, if selected.
Preference is given to nationals from WTO members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat. A list of unrepresented WTO members will be provided when the request for applicants is posted.
WTO Young Professionals Programme Application
The duration of the programme is one year without possibility of extension.
The online application form can be accessed on the WTO e-Recruitment website and should be completed by 13 April 2023. Preference is given to nationals from WTO members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat.
Deadline: April 13, 2023
For more information, visit WTO YPP.
- Apply Now: Nitda in Collaboration with GMGA Digital Literacy Academy for Women
- Apply Now: Halcyon Climate Resilience in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Intensive Fellowship 2023 ($5,000 Stipend)
- Call for Applications: Council of Europe Youth Peace Camp 2023
- APPLY NOW: PwC Nigeria Graduate Associate Programme 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- Call for Applications: Nigeria Health Watch Collaborative Solutions Journalism Grant 2023 |up to N1,000,000
- Call for Applications: Mandela Rhodes Foundation (MRF) Postgraduate Scholarships 2024 for study in South Africa |Fully Funded
- The Sir Emeka Okwuosa Women Enterprise Program 2023
- Call for Applications:- UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education Nomination 2023 |US$ 50,000
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP