The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa seeks young men and women between the ages of 18 and 35 from Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda who are eager to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries.
Selected participants will get leadership training over the course of four weeks, with an emphasis on individual and team leadership abilities, innovation, creative learning, and communication. The emphasis of the curriculum is on interactive and experience learning, which develops each participant’s ability to participate both individually and in groups.
YALI Regional Leadership Center Programme 2023 Programme Tracks
Selected participants will engage in leadership training across three tracks of study:
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Civic Leadership
- Public Management
YALI Regional Leadership Center Programme 2023 Eligibility
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
YALI Regional Leadership Center Programme 2023 Selected Criteria
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the programme.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
YALI Regional Leadership Center Programme 2023 Application
The application window for Cohorts 49, 50, and 51 is currently OPEN and will close at 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2019. On December 9, 2022, EAT!
For more information, visit YALI RLC.
- Accelerator for UN Global Compact Business and Human Rights 2023
- Call for application: Eilites Digital Marketing Training and Recruitment 2023
- Applications Open for Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation Youth Grants Program 2023
- Open Innovation Challenge for Sustainability 2022
- Young Activist Action Challenge: #YouthLeadSDG14 via Commonwealth Youth Climate Network
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP