“We provide young African professionals with the vision and world-class skills necessary to expedite Africa’s systemic change.” The European Commission-funded Young African Leaders Programme 2023is a tailored fellowship and training program aimed at catalyzing and fostering the reforms envisioned in the Africa Agenda 2063 and the Africa-EU Partnership. Following a pilot cohort in the autumn of 2021, the second cohort of Young African Leaders is scheduled to arrive in Florence in September 2022.
The Young African Leaders Programme is a fellowship program that offers a one-of-a-kind chance for policy experts from Africa (all regions) to further improve their policy work, professional and leadership abilities, and network with international experts.
Furthermore, the Program intends to build new networks by linking a strong cohort of leaders committed to pushing change in their home nations and throughout the continent, as well as to address gender disparities and promote diversity in leadership roles.
Selected candidates will participate in workshops, training and skill development sessions, conferences, and study visits around Europe at the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence. Interaction with the other fellows, policymakers, and academics at the EUI will make this an unforgettable experience.
The structure of the Programme will be as follows:
- Executive Training Seminars on thematic issues;
- Professional Development Workshops, providing a set of leadership skills, tools and concrete case studies;
- Study Visits to EU institutions, relevant academia, and international organisations
- Final individual written assignment
- Award of the YALP certificate of attendance
- Connection to network of scholars and practitioners knowledgeable in relevant transnational governance
The three-month leadership programme takes place from the 1 September 2022 to the 30 November 2022. Fellowships are fully-funded with a grant of € 2,500 per month. The selected African fellows must live in the area of Florence for the duration of their stay. The language of the Programme is English. Where possible, the STG will seek to integrate French. The Programme has an intensive training schedule, and is therefore a full-time and fully-funded fellowship scheme.
Who should apply Young African Leaders Programme 2023 ?
The Programme targets mid-career, high potential policy-makers, diplomats, and professionals from Africa, working in national and local authorities, regional, continental, international organisations and development partners, civil society organisations, academia, media and private sector, in Africa. More precisely, the Programme is open to professionals (M/F/X), mid-career and executives alike, who are nationals of African countries, residing in Africa and are up to the age of 35.
This Programme is supported by the European Commission, Directorate-General for International Partnerships. This Call for applications is launched under a suspension clause, related to the final approval of the financing decision of the Programme by the European Commission. According to such clause, should not the financing decision be taken, the EUI/STG reserve the right to cancel the call without any prejudice to the Institute and potential beneficiaries.
This programme is supported by the Directorate-General for International Partnerships of the European Commission.
For enquiries about applications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Applications: Rice Business Plan Competition 2023 for Student Startups | Up to $2M in prizes
- APPLY NOW: Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 for African Entrepreneurs | get $5,000 seed funding
- Freshwater and Community Conservation Remote Externship 2023
- Fashionomics Africa 2023 Fashion Entrepreneur Contest | $10,000
- Call for Applications: Liveable Young Entrepreneurship and Leadership Program (YELP) for Nigerians, Kenyans and Ugandans
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP