Are you a part of a project or effort that directs political or economic action toward meeting people’s needs? Are you prioritizing environmental sustainability? Do you oppose the current situation? Would you like to learn from others while also sharing your creative approaches with a community of policy experts and changemakers? The Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards for 2023 are now accepting applications.
In many regions of the world, there has been tremendous economic growth over the past few decades. Inequality is increasing, the environment catastrophe is getting worse, and people are feeling more powerless. The decoupling of economic prosperity from social prosperity and environmental sustainability can be used to describe this tendency.
The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by generating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social prosperity. With the Young Global Changers Recoupling Award they want to honor, and support projects that embody this approach. They want to draw attention to best practices but also learn from them.
Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2023 Awards
All eligible applicants will
- Become members of the extended YGC network
- Receive invitations to GSI events, workshops, contribute to on-going discussions and more
All applicants who qualify to the Top 50 will
- Become a 2023 Yong Global Changer
- Present their project on the Global Solutions website
- Connect with changemakers & experts
- Receive invitations to events and collaborative projects
Award finalists will receive
- Scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summit 2023!
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- A chance to present their project in front of jury and an international audience
The three winners will receive
- Prize: €5,000
- Prize: €2,000
- Prize: €1,000
Selected project will have a chance to receive mentoring, training and further support to help improve their project or initiative.
Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2023 Eligibility
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- Young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional or even on the global level.
- The project, business or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- The applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2023 Application
- Step 1: Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your project. There are no costs associated with the application. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling)
- Upload of the following documents: CV, project description, photo of you, short video (max. 5 min)
- Step 2: The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best 50 will be presented on the YGC website, a minimum of 10 projects will be selected for the final round in Berlin.
- Step 3: The best initiatives among the finalists will be presented in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2023 on May 15/16 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is not able to attend the summit in Berlin in person.)
- Call for submissions: AKO Caine Prize for African Writing 2023 | $10,000 prize
- Call for Application: Brain Builders Youth Development Initiative
- APPLY NOW: RASH Scholarship Fund For Nigerian Students 2022
- APPLY FOR FREE: Advanced Microsoft Training and Certification vouchers for Nigerians
- Call for Application: Zonal Coordinator for an Edutech Advocacy Project
- Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarships for Nigerians to Study Abroad in 2023–2024 (Fully Funded)
- Apply now for the Yunus Centre Social Fiction Design Competition 2022 |$10,000 prize
- Call for applications: CapaCiTi Software Development Programme 2023 for Young Africans
- UONGOZI Institute Youth Leadership Competition 2023 |$2,000 prize
- Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP