Call for Submissions: Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023
The Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023 is now accepting applications. Submit a video of your peace effort for a chance to become the Peace Palace’s next Youth Ambassador! The Youth Peace Initiative and the Carnegie Foundation – Peace Palace collaborated on the video contest.
Many young people from all around the world are working relentlessly to build and sustain peace in their communities. UN Security Council Resolution 2250 recognizes the needs and experiences of youth in (post-)conflict scenarios. The resolution gives the long due positive recognition of young people’s contributions to peace and security, calling for the meaningful inclusion and participation of young people in issues of peace and security. The 2019 published policy paper “We Are Here” explores youth participation in peace processes through the lens of young people themselves and calls for increased acknowledgement of young peacebuilders, whose initiatives can inspire and encourage others to start their own project. For these reasons, the Youth Peace Initiative and the Carnegie Foundation are launching a video contest to raise awareness about the findings and recommendations of the policy paper and to highlight best practices of young peacebuilders.
Show the world how your initiative contributes to peace, and how it can inspire others to become active agents of positive change: Are you a peacebuilder, aged between 18 and 29 years old? Then don’t hesitate, grab your mobile or camera and make a video of your work as a peacebuilder!
Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023 Benefits
- The winner of the contest — either an individual peacebuilder or a representative participating on behalf of their respective organization — will receive the third Youth Carnegie Peace Prize in the fall of 2023.
Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023 Eligibility
- Open to young people from all around the world who are working relentlessly to build and sustain peace in their communities.
- Applicants should be 18-29 years old.
- Resolution of video: minimum 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Length of video: maximum 3 minutes long.
- Language: English or providing English subtitles.
Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023 Judging Criteria
- Contestants are judged on their impact and effectiveness, their creativity, and the degree to which their peacebuilding initiative is youth-led.
Youth Carnegie Peace Prize 2023 Application
For more information, visit Youth Carnegie Peace Prize.
- AWDF Leading from the South Grant 2023 for Feminist or Women’s Rights Organisation
- UNITAR Advancing Gender Equality & Women Empowerment 2023 Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy Training Programme
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at American University of Beirut (AUB) for Africans 2023
- Call for Applications: Western Union Foundation Scholarship
- World Food Programme (WFP) Innovation Challenge 2023 for the fight against hunger |USD $100,000 in equity-free funding
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP