The ninth U.S.-ASEAN Women’s Leadership Academy will be presented by Wedu Global to young people from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam. The 55 young women leaders who will participate in this fully subsidized course range in age from 22 to 35.
This year’s 4-day Leadership Academy will strengthen and promote the professional paths of up-and-coming female leaders, activists, and leaders tackling the environmental and climatic catastrophe (E4): Environment, Ecology, Energy, and Equity. In order to promote cross-cultural exchange and broaden the areas and scope of impact in the field of climate resilience, the program will also include leadership training and strength assessments, sessions on climate resilience and environmental issues, networking opportunities, and mentorship with leaders from the region and the United States.
They will also be offering a unique one-on-one mentorship opportunity through which participants will work with mentors to develop their leadership skills and development goals. For the mentorship programme, they are now recruiting professional leaders from the Climate and Environmental Resilience related sector(s) to become mentors in advancing leadership development of their participants!
YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy Mentorship Program Benefits
As a Wedu Mentor, you will:
- Support the leadership and development journey for a young woman leader from Southeast Asia, working in in the climate/ environment sector;
- Gain access to Wedu’s global community of mentors;
- Gain access to Wedu’s leadership curriculum and online resources;
- Have an opportunity to hone your leadership and mentoring skills.
YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy Mentorship Program Eligibility
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old and above; Strong preference for citizens and/or residents of Southeast Asian countries, and professionals having work experience in the Southeast Asian context;
- Have at least 5 years of work experience, preferably in the Southeast Asian region with a few years of experience working in climate/ environmental resilience.
- This includes professionals working in: Climate resilience, Climate adaptation, Sustainable energy, Sustainable agriculture, Organic farming / nutrition, Biodiversity management, Forests & wildlife, Water security / reducing harmful pollutants (such as microplastics), Mitigation of air pollution, etc.
YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy Mentorship Program Application
Applicants are to choose YSEALI Women’s Leadership Academy 2023 Mentorship Programme for the section: Which Wedu programme are you applying to be a Mentor for?
Deadline: January 15, 2023
For more information, visit Wedu Mentor.
- The GLF Social Media Ambassador Program 2023 is accepting applications
- Call for Applications: LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIP) for Young African Changemakers
- The Stanbic IBTC FUZE Festival for Fashion Designers and Tech Innovators is now accepting applications (win N32m grand prize)
- Study Buddy Fund Bursary Program for 2023 from Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP