Call for application: ICFJ/ONE Michael Elliott Award 2023 for Excellence in African Storytelling (US$5,000 reporting grant & Internship at The Economist’s HQ in London, UK)
The Michael Elliott Award for Excellence in African Storytelling has a call for entries, which has been announced by the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), the ONE Campaign, and the Elliott family.
The prize recognizes rising African journalists who work to amplify the voices of the populace and shed light on the profound shift occurring there. The submissions for the award must be innovative journalism that was released between December 1, 2021, and December 1, 2022. Winners will be chosen based on the caliber of their writings and the effect that their contributions have had on localities. ICFJ welcomes strong entries in all forms of media, especially those that show good writing and analytical prowess.
ICFJ/ONE Michael Elliott Award 2023 for Excellence in African Storytelling Eligibility
- The contest is open to English-speaking journalists working in Africa for print, broadcast, and online news media. Applicants must have no more than 10 years of journalism experience.
- Applicants must submit one published piece that exemplifies Africa through thoughtful reporting and excellent storytelling. ICFJ/ONE are looking for impactful investigative or explanatory pieces, especially those illuminating transformational change in Africa.
- A copy of the published story or broadcast clip must be submitted in English. Works in other languages must include English translations. We welcome submissions from print, broadcast, or digital journalists. Multimedia submissions may include web, audio, video, visual, or mixed media.
- The submitted story must be published between December 1, 2021, and December 1, 2022.
ICFJ/ONE Michael Elliott Award 2023 for Excellence in African Storytelling Benefits
- The winners will receive a $5,000 cash prize and a personalized crystal award.
- The winners will have an opportunity to spend up to two weeks at The Economist headquarters in London, or to complete a tailored study tour of US newsrooms.
- A distinguished international jury including media leaders from the US, UK, and Africa will select the winners. We will reach out to all applicants to notify them of their status by the spring of 2022
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023.
For More Information:
- Call for Proposals: UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women 2022 |up to $1,000,000
- UONGOZI Institute Youth Leadership Competition 2023 |$2,000 prize
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation 2023 |N5,000,000 prize
- Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2023
- Apply now for the Africa Fellowship Programme 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP