Nedbank South Africa is looking for a Compliance Officer
To assist the Head of Markets Compliance with the management of compliance risk in the CIB business areas by ensuring compliance with the management of compliance risk within the Markets business, including, but limited to, the following functions:
- Ensuring that the Research activities within Nedbank’s Corporate Investment Banking cluster comply with relevant regulations, industry standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and evaluating research practices, identifying potential compliance issues, and working with Investment Banking, Markets and Control Room Compliance stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity and credibility of research reports.
- Assisting the Market Surveillance team with review and closure of Alerts, including quarterly reviews of relevant policies
- Provide day-to-day Compliance advisory to the Research business which includes Equity, Credit, Fixed Income & Economics Research products with a specific focus on research independence, conflict of interest, material non-public information and reputational risk.
- Conduct regular reviews of research activities to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, industry guidelines, and internal compliance policies.
- Identify and assess potential compliance risks related to research practices and dissemination of research reports.
Policy Development and Implementation:
- Collaborate with the compliance team to develop, update, and implement compliance policies and procedures specific to research activities.
- Ensure that all research analysts and teams are aware of and comply with these policies.
- Complete Compliance Risk Management Plans for the Research business
- Advise research analysts on proper disclosure of potential conflicts and restrictions on trading.
- Engage with Legal on updates to disclosures and disclaimers required to be included within research reports
Information Barrier Management:
- Implement and oversee information barrier protocols to prevent the inappropriate sharing of non-public information between research analysts and private side business areas and other public side business areas.
- Monitor and enforce controls to prevent the inappropriate sharing of non-public information between research analysts and private side areas.
- Chaperone research analysts’ engagements with Investment Banking and other private side business areas.
- Stay up to date with changes in regulatory requirements and ensure ongoing compliance.
Training and Education:
- Conduct compliance training sessions for research analysts and other relevant staff to enhance their understanding of compliance regulations and policies.
- Keep the research team informed about changes in regulations and industry best practices.
Investigations and Incident Response:
- Investigate and report any potential compliance violations or breaches related to research activities.
- Develop and implement corrective actions to address identified issues.
- Maintain accurate records of compliance reviews, investigations, and corrective actions taken.
- Ensure that all documentation is organized and readily accessible for audits or regulatory inquiries.
- Serve as a point of contact for regulatory inquiries and audits related to research compliance.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with regulatory authorities and industry organizations.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, law, or a related field (Commerce)
Minimum Experience Level
- 3 -5 years experience in a compliance related role
- JSE Exam
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP