- Promote the perspectives of young people in adaptation policies including the Global Goal on Adaptation and National Adaptation Plans to advance inclusive and equitable adaptation decision-making and action by bringing together experts, policy-makers, and young people.
- Catalyze innovative ideas and adaptation action in young people by featuring African youth leadership around the world, including the African YouthADAPT winners.
- Establish and strengthen regional connections between young people and youth organizations to scale adaptation actions and strengthen young people’s adaptation advocacy activities by uniting young people for the adaptation agenda.
The regional Youth Adaptation Forums 2022 build on GCA’s flagship consultation process that engaged over 2,300 young people from around the world in 2022 and built momentum for the ‘African COP’. The 2022 regional Youth Adaptation Forums contributed to fostering an intergenerational dialogue between young people and decision-makers by taking place on the margins of international convenings including the triennial World Water Forum in Senegal, the UNFCCC SB56 and the UN High-Level Political Forum, and by involving key international stakeholders including representatives of the COP26 and COP27 Presidencies. The outcomes of the consultations were presented to global leaders at the Africa Adaptation Summit, and at COP27 in the report ‘Youth Engagement with the Global Goal on Adaptation’.
For more information visit the official webpage: Regional Youth Climate Change
- UNITED NATIONS YOUNG LEADERS TRAINING PROGRAMME
- British American Tobacco (BAT) Global Graduate Programme 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- Application for Cohort 3 of the Muhammad Sanusi II SDG Challenge is now open | up to $2,000 grant
- VC4A Venture Showcase Africa 2023 for African Founders
- Global Youth Climate Training Programme 2023
- Call for Applications: Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2023