Call for Applications: Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023-2024 for Young Leaders Globally |Full Scholarship
Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship developed to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the twenty-first century, with the goal of preparing the next generation of global leaders. Via a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most prominent universities, the program will provide the world’s best and brightest students with the opportunity to strengthen their leadership abilities and professional networks.
Tsinghua University in Beijing, China
Level/Fields of study:
Master’s Degree and Leadership Programme in Global Affairs with concentrations on one of the following disciplines: Public Policy, Economic and Business, International Studies
Number of Awards:
Up to 200 students – about 45% of the first class will come from the United States, 20% from China, and 35% from the rest of the world.
The extraordinary students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship that will include tuition and fees, room and board, travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year, an in-country study tour, required course books and supplies, health insurance, and a personal stipend.
Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
English language proficiency.
Applicants must demonstrate strong English language skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. Acceptable test options are:
- • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
- • Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
- •International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
Read the complete eligibility criteria at this link.
Next Selection Cycle
- Application Period: Apr 2023 – Sep 2023
- Selection Cycle: Nov 2023
- Program Begins: Aug 2024
- Application Period: Jan 2023 – May 2023
- Selection Cycle: Jun – Jul 2023
- Program Begins: Aug 2024
Official Scholarship Website: http://schwarzmanscholars.org/
- Become a Young Global Leader at the World Economic Forum: Call for 2024 Class Nominations |Fully-funded
- Call for Applications: African Impact Challenge 2023 |Up to $25,000 CAD
- Call for Applications: Techmybiz Pitchathon for Nigerian Startups and Innovators 2023
- Call for Applications:- United Nations Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 Program
- Askari Bank Prime Minister Youth Business & Agricultural Loan Scheme |Apply Now
- Call for Applications:- UN Women Africa Online Trainings for Women Entrepreneurs 2023
- Apply Now: Leventis Foundation Masters & MBA Scholarships 2023 for Nigerian Students to Study in Greece |Fully Funded
- Free Software Engineering Course and Certification at ALX Africa |Cohort 2 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP