The WE (women entrepreneurs) Empower UN SDG Challenge is a world-first worldwide competition for women social entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to build the society we want by 2030. The WE Empower Challenge recognizes forward-thinking female CEOs from around the world who are advancing the SDGs through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to do the same.
The chance celebrates their unique work while also providing Awardees with capacity-building training sessions and opportunities to interact with an unrivaled worldwide network to help them expand their businesses. This initiative elevates and highlights the vital contributions that women social entrepreneurs and corporate leaders can make to the SDGs and addressing the world’s most pressing issues.
- In 2023, the WE Empower Challenge Awardees will participate in events surrounding the 78th UN General Assembly as well as connect with renowned business experts from around the world.
- Awardees will also participate in a dynamic pitch competition, hosted by fashion designer, activist and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg, to present their business for the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant.
- You are a woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business or organization
- Your business/organization has been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
- Your business/organization generates at least $75,000 USD in annual sales or revenue
- You are proficient in spoken and written English
- You are at least 21 years old
- You are available to travel to New York, NY and participate in all events from Monday, September 18 through Saturday, September 24 2023 (COVID-19 travel restrictions permitting) and if necessary, I am able to participate in a virtual program from August through October 2023.
- Your business or organization has a substantial impact on the SDGs and a clear vision for how their business will create the future we want in 2030.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 16, 2023
- Call for Applications: Ban Ki-moon Global Citizen Scholarship Program 2023 for Young African Leaders |$50,000 seed grant
- Call for Applications: Fully Funded Australia Awards Scholarships 2023- 2024 | Study in Australia
- Call for Applications: Global Youth Convention 2023 in Morocco |Fully-funded
- Apply Now: Energising Women to Advance the Energy Transition Mentoring Programme 2023
- Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation Public Leaders Programme 2023 for African Students | Apply Now
- Call for Applications: UNESCO-APCEIU 9th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2023
- Apply Now: Michael Curry Summer Internship Program 2023
- Apply Now: De Beers Group Trailblazer Accelerator Programme 2023 for female Entrepreneurs
- Call for Applications: Leading Africa Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2023 |Fully-funded to Belfast, Ireland
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP