IFRA-Nigeria has undertaken a research project on Ibadan’s religious architecture legacy as part of both its Digital Humanities and Nigerian religious dynamics programs. The goal is to map out, examine, and analyze the rich history and different aesthetics of all religious buildings in Oyo State’s capital, using techniques from Digital Humanities, Architecture, and Socio-anthropology of Religion.
One of the project’s goals is to create sound maps of chosen religious buildings in the city in order to capture and analyze their acoustic qualities. IFRA-Nigeria is looking for young researchers to train in sound mapping technology and complete a maximum of 6 days of supervised fieldwork for this project.
- Being a student or having completed a university degree in a relevant field for the project
- Be familiar with sound technology or musicology
- Transport allowance and meals will be covered for the training and the fieldwork.
- Participants will also be compensated for their days of fieldwork.
- A CV
- A short cover letter (1 page and a half max.) highlighting their skills and interest for this specific project
Deadline: March 8, 2023.
- Call for Applications: Rockstart AgriFood Programme 2023 for Agritech & Foodtech Startups
- 5 Tips To Find And Land A New Job Quickly
- Call for Applications: University of Cape Town MasterCard Scholarship 2023 for African Students | Study-In-South Africa
- ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) 2023 For Young Africans | Apply Now
- Call for Applications: KPMG 2023 Undergraduate Internship Programme for young Nigerians
- APPLY NOW: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Programme 2023 | Stipend Available
- Call for Applications: Harvard LEAD Fellowship for Promoting Women in Global Health 2023-2024 |Fully-funded
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP