The Harvard LEAD Fellowship for Advancing Women in Global Health 2023-2024 is now accepting applications. To equip and empower more global health leaders, the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Global Health and Population Department at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health have collaborated to offer a transformational fellowship designed specifically to promote leadership skills in individuals. The Harvard Global Health Institute and the Global Health and Population Department at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health offer a transformational fellowship specifically designed to promote leadership skills in individuals from low- and middle-income countries who will, in turn, mentor future female global health leaders.
Harvard LEAD Fellows will have access to world-class academics, senior mentors, and the ability to design a tailored curriculum that is linked with their own unique personal growth and leadership strategy. LEAD fellows participate in a customised leadership training program, speaking and networking opportunities, and autonomous project work based on their individual interests and leadership ambitions. The fellowship provides an exceptional opportunity to develop a global network of peers and ties across Harvard University’s schools and departments. The fellowship program allows global health professionals to reflect, readjust, and venture into unexplored territory.
Harvard LEAD Fellowship Experience
A Harvard LEAD fellowship is a transformative experience designed to empower and promote emerging leaders in global health. A highly personalized programme, the fellowship is tailored to fit the unique goals and aspirations of each of our fellows. Over a 12-month period, fellows will have access to world-class faculty, classes, and executive education programs that will encourage and challenge them in new, inspiring ways.
The core pillars of the fellowship include:
- Executive Leadership training with a personal coach
- 1:1 mentorship by Harvard Faculty with aligned interests
- Speaking opportunities at Harvard and global events
- Enrollment in Harvard courses across different departments
- Private Skill-building Workshops led by leading experts
Harvard LEAD Fellowship Funding
- During the in-residence month on campus, fellows will receive a living stipend for those four weeks. Visa fees, housing costs, flights to and from Cambridge, MA, and all course fees are also provided by the fellowship.
Harvard LEAD Fellowship Eligibility
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience. Global health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Applicants must have the full support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during their in-residence experience for 1 month in April 2024.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a J-1 visa for travel to the United States in April 2024 and must be able to reside in Cambridge, MA. NOTE: Visa fees, housing, and flights will be covered under the fellowship and a living stipend will be provided for the 4 weeks in residence.
- During the two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
Harvard LEAD Fellowship Application
All application materials are due by 5PM EST, Friday, Deadline: March 10, 2023. Applicants will be notified in May 2023 if selected for this position. The fellowship will run from September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024.
- Call for Applications: MIT Solve Financial Inclusion Challenge 2023
- Call for Applications: International Breweries Nigeria Global Management Trainee Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- APPLY NOW: France-Ghana Joint Scholarship 2023/2024 for Ghanaians
- Call for Applications: Kofi Annan NextGen Democracy Prize 2023 |up to $10,000
- Call for Applications: First National Bank (FNB) Graduate Trainee Program 2023 for young graduates
- Call for Applications: Inspiring Women in Science Awards 2023 |$50,000 prize
- APPLY NOW: The Nestlé Internal Audit Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- Call for Applications: WISE Edtech Accelerator Programme 2023
- CV GUIDE: Step By Step Complete Guide on How to Write an Effective CV
- Call for Applications: Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2023-2024 for Masters Study in the UK Fully-funded
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP