About ADB Young Professionals Program (YPP)
As a Young Professional (YP), you will be given a three-year fixed-term contract. You will begin by working in an operations/operations support department at our headquarters in Manila, Philippines, where you will develop fundamental knowledge of ADB operations.
ADB Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Do you want to advance professionally by leveraging your education and experience? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people throughout Asia and the Pacific?
The Young Professionals initiative (YPP) is an entry-level recruitment initiative designed to attract highly qualified and motivated professionals to ADB. YPP lays the groundwork for a demanding and fulfilling professional career in international development, with numerous opportunities to build professional skills and a grasp of ADB operations, policies, and procedures. Young Professionals (YPs) will contribute to the achievement of ADB’s Strategy 2030 through a structured talent management program.
Applications are open from 1 September to 30 September 2023. Applications should be submitted in English no later than 11:59 p.m., Manila time, on the specified closing date.
As a Young professional (YP), you will be offered a fixed-term appointment of 3 years. You will initially be placed in an operations/operations support department in our headquarters in Manila, Philippines, where you can gain foundational experience of ADB’s operations. After 18 months, you will be assigned to another area within ADB as a rotational assignment. The rotational assignment will be carried out in a field related to the initial placement whereby you are expected to broaden you experience and deepen your knowledge on the subject matter.
Throughout the program, you will be offered a variety of development opportunities – you will also have the opportunity to participate in missions for activities in fact-finding and appraisal, project review and completion, country programming, sector and policy studies, or disbursement. In addition, you will be entitled to a number of learning programs, both in-house and external, some specifically designed to cater to your needs as a Young Professional.
Towards the end of the 3-years, our aspiration is that our graduating YPs will choose to stay and have a rewarding and accomplished career path, and ultimately evolve into future leaders of ADB.
ADB Young Professionals Program Eligibility
All YPs must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 32 years old and below by 1 August 2024
- Be a national of one of ADB’s members
- Hold at least a first-level university degree with proven academic track record in a field relevant to the job role
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience relevant to ADB
Successful applicants demonstrate:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong passion and commitment to development work
- Willingness to learn and be agile
- Strong interpersonal skills
DEADLINE: 30 September 2023
- Call for Applications: Melvin M.S. Goo Writing Fellowship 2024 |up to $10,000
- Apply Now: Awa Prize for Women Entrepreneurs 2023
- UNICEF Internship Programme 2023/2024 for students and recent graduates worldwide |Fully Funded
- Apply Now: WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024 for African Female Students
- Call for Applications: Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships 2024/2025 |Fully-funded
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP