The Baobab Network Accelerator 2023 application period is now open. The Baobab Network Accelerator wants to invest in Africa’s future generation of tech entrepreneurs.
Each accelerator program begins with two weeks of intensive counseling from The Baobab Network, followed by three months of hands-on assistance from their venture partners and network of partners/experts. The program is remote in order to keep entrepreneurs away from their company for extended periods of time.
Baobab Network Accelerator Benefits
- $50,000 USD Funding: They provide founders with the early-stage capital they need to kick-start their company’s growth.
- Bespoke Acceleration: They have built an intensive, unique programme to ensure that their graduate start-ups from every cohort go on to be successful.
- A Global Network: They bring a powerful global network of experts, mentors, corporate partners and investors to help grow your business.
Baobab Network Accelerator Eligibility
- Open to early-stage tech start-ups across Africa.
- If your solution creates or relies on technology to solve a problem, has an MVP and a bit of traction you are welcome to apply.
Baobab Network Accelerator Selection Criteria
They consider the following questions internally when assessing whether they will accept a start-up into the programme:
- Market knowledge and domain expertise: Does your founding team have a deep understanding of the market you are operating in? Are you aware of customer behaviour and trends?
- Ability to execute: can your team hit the ground running and get things done?
- Grit: building a company is not easy, does your team have the passion and focus to get through the hard times?
- Team dynamic: are you (and your co-founders) intentional about building a great culture that can attract top talent and enable employees to feel engaged, motivated and empowered to grow?
- Purpose-driven: does your team have a clear vision of the kind of impact they’d want to make?
- Revenue generation: has your start-up clearly identified the revenue streams; both today and in the future?
- Traction: is the product uptake promising? Are the business key metrics (such as user sign up, GMV etc) growing?
- Scalability: can you replicate your success in other geographical or vertical markets?
- Unit economics: is your business financially sustainable; i.e. profitable or have a clear path to profitability?
- Simplicity: is the product intuitive to your users? Does the product clearly solve a problem and is this obvious to users?
- Clear roadmap: is your team aware of what you need to improve and the features/offerings that you would want to add?
- Data-driven: is your team proactive in collecting customer feedback and updating their features/offerings based on the data that is available to them?
- Market size: is the available and obtainable market significant and growing?
- Market trends: What are some key trends that would favour your start-up? What are the risks in this market and how is your team hedging against them?
- Competitive landscape: who are the other key players in the market? How is your start-up uniquely positioned when compared to these players?
The Baobab Network Factor
- Fit: Is Baobab excited to work with your start-up and team? Do they think your start-up will be a good addition to their network?
- Timing: Is this the right time for Baobab to engage with your start-up?
Baobab Network Accelerator Application
Applications and all documents (pitch decks and financial projections) should be in English. They understand that not everybody’s first language is English, but sending applications in English will ensure all team members can review them.
For more information, visit Baobab Network Accelerator.
- Call for Volunteers: European Solidarity Corps Call for PEACE Volunteers 2023
- Call for Nominations: Africa Food Prize 2023 ($100,000 Prize)
- Apply for Zenith Bank 2023 Graduate & Management Trainee Recruitment; Portal for Registration Now Open
- Call for Applications: Carrington Fellowship Programme 2023 for Young Nigerians
- IFRA-Nigeria Call for application – Creating sound maps of religious buildings in Ibadan, Nigeria
- Call for Applications: Rockstart AgriFood Programme 2023 for Agritech & Foodtech Startups
- 5 Tips To Find And Land A New Job Quickly
- Call for Applications: University of Cape Town MasterCard Scholarship 2023 for African Students | Study-In-South Africa
- Call for Applications: KPMG 2023 Undergraduate Internship Programme for young Nigerians
- APPLY NOW: Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Programme 2023 | Stipend Available
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP