The Commonwealth Fund is currently accepting applications for its Graduate Internship Program. We are looking for four Interns for six-month internships in various departments of our organization.
All applicants must have an existing right to work in the United Kingdom and be able to give documentation of that right in their application to be evaluated.
Who we are
The Commonwealth Foundation is an international organization founded by member countries to foster the concept that the Commonwealth is an alliance of peoples as well as governments. We are the Commonwealth agency for civil society; an organization dedicated to increasing people’s participation in all parts of public discussion so that they can act collaboratively and learn from one another in order to establish democratic societies.
Our vision is of a Commonwealth of equal, just and inclusive societies. Our mission is to contribute to that vision by:
- Supporting the active and constructive participation of Commonwealth citizens in all aspects of their governance
- Nurturing the growth of vibrant and free civil societies in all Commonwealth countries
- Advancing the principles and ideals of the Commonwealth
Our Graduate Internship programme provides opportunities for recent graduates to participate in all aspects of the Commonwealth Foundation; to gain experience and to develop and strengthen their knowledge and skills.
We maintain a team of interns who are recruited together for a six-month period. Our interns are fully integrated into the Foundation’s staff structure, and we pay close attention to their professional development.
The successful candidates will be allocated to one of the following areas of our work:
- Commonwealth Civil Society (home of our major grants work)
- Creative Commonwealth (home of our cultural initiatives)
- People of the Commonwealth (which runs our Critical Conversations and other outreach and advocacy)
- Communications (part of the Knowledge, Learning & Communications team)
Responsibilities are tailored to the programme’s needs and the intern’s own areas of skill and interest. For more information on our programmes and our work, see our current Strategic Plan.
Although interns will be based in one of the above programmes, they will be given the opportunity to experience other areas of the Foundation’s work and will also collaborate with their fellow interns on specific projects.
Our responsibility to Interns
We prioritise the professional development of our interns, encouraging participation in both internal and external learning opportunities and rotation between programme areas to broaden knowledge and skills.
We include our interns in all our activities including staff retreats, and endeavour to ensure that everyone feels nurtured and valued.
Who we are looking for
The Foundation strives to be a welcoming and inclusive place to work. We are proud of our track record of attracting a wide range of young people to our internship programme–a reflection of our strong commitment to celebrating and promoting diversity.
You will have excellent research and administrative skills and ideally have a good knowledge of, or interest in, at least one area of our work: freedom of expression, climate or health. Experience using technology is important, and knowledge of Microsoft Office and online platforms is required.
We are looking for people who are curious and willing to learn and who will actively promote the values and principles of the Commonwealth and the Foundation.
You must possess and declare at the time of application the right to work in the UK for the full duration of the internship. The Foundation cannot assist in altering the visa status of any applicant.
What we offer
We offer interns a salary of £1,812 per month (equivalent to £21,750 per annum) for a six-month fixed term internship contract. Interns will receive 15 days paid annual leave inclusive of public holidays and the Foundation’s own designated leave days (equivalent to 30 days per annum).
We are currently operating a flexible working policy which requires all staff to work from our central London office at least five days per fortnight including every Wednesday. Applicants must be able to affirm their capacity and willingness to work within our policy.
Our aim is to help our interns to their next position. To that end, we provide guidance on possible opportunities as well as assistance with refining CVs and undertaking interviews. There is no expectation of a role with the Foundation at the end of the internship.
The Foundation celebrates diversity, and we are proud of our diverse and welcoming team. All qualified applicants already eligible to work in the UK will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status or pregnancy.
If you need us to make any special accommodation in the recruitment and selection process because of a protected characteristic, please let us know.
Applications should be submitted online via the link below. The application requires you to provide a comprehensive CV as well as a motivation letter that sets out your experience and interests and what you can bring to the role as described here and in the Role Description.
The application also requires you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Tuesday 2 May 2023, 1pm GMT
Interviews: Week of 15 May 2023
Start date:: Tuesday 27 June 2023
- Call for Applications: Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023-2024 for Young Leaders Globally |Full Scholarship
- Become a Young Global Leader at the World Economic Forum: Call for 2024 Class Nominations |Fully-funded
- Call for Applications: African Impact Challenge 2023 |Up to $25,000 CAD
- Call for Applications: Techmybiz Pitchathon for Nigerian Startups and Innovators 2023
- Call for Applications:- United Nations Youth for Biosecurity Fellowship 2023 Program
- Askari Bank Prime Minister Youth Business & Agricultural Loan Scheme |Apply Now
- Call for Applications:- UN Women Africa Online Trainings for Women Entrepreneurs 2023
- Apply Now: Leventis Foundation Masters & MBA Scholarships 2023 for Nigerian Students to Study in Greece |Fully Funded
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP