Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2023/2024 for Mid-Career Professionals to Study in the United Kingdom |Fully Funded
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are designed for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries to spend time working in their field at a UK host organization as part of a professional development program.
These fellowships are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective Fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship
- Provide at least two references, one of which must be from their current employer. Any applications for which references are not received by the reference closing date will be considered ineligible.
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to undertake their fellowship from the prescribed start date
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Benefits
Each Fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK.
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee.
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,944 per month, or £2,397 per month for those at organisations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2022/23 levels).
- If a Fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. See the CSC disability support statement for more information.
- Arrival allowance of up to £1,061.10 (rates quoted at 2022/23 levels), including an element for warm clothing.
- A maximum of £3,000 per Fellow can be agreed by host organisations for short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organisations where this forms an integral part of the programme. Host organisations should bear in mind the restrictions set out in our guidance on claimable costs.
Deadline: August 16, 2023.
- Call for Applications: LEAP Africa eLearning Bootcamp 2023
- Apply Now: World Summit Awards (WSA) Youth Ambassador Program 2023
- African Union CIEFFA Online Capacity Building Training 2023 |Fully-funded
- Health Data Analytics (HDA) Graduate Fellowship 2023 |up to ₦1,000,000
- Apply Now: AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria 2023 |Up to $20,000 in prizes
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP