The Council of Europe Youth Peace Camp 2023 is now accepting applications. Before and after the camp, the Youth Peace Camp involves young people and youth organizations from conflict-affected regions in conversation and peacebuilding activities based on human rights education and intercultural learning.
The objectives of the 2023 Youth Peace Camp are:
- To develop awareness and basic competences (knowledge, skills and attitude) of participants in human rights education, peacebuilding and intercultural learning to enable them to engage in dialogue and confidence-building initiatives with other young people affected by conflict;
- To support mutual learning from experiences of conflict and coping strategies;
- To foster relationship building as a foundation for peacebuilding and dialogue;
- To introduce and share existing youth work practices and experiences of young people working on dialogue and conflict transformation in their home communities
- To motivate and support participants in their role as multipliers and peer leaders in peacebuilding activities with young people encouraging them to implement follow-up initiatives;
- To strengthen the role of the Council of Europe, in particular through its Youth for Democracy programme, in peacebuilding and intercultural dialogue with young people and to support the approaches of the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Council of Europe Youth Peace Camp Eligibility
All participants must:
- be aged between 18 and 25 years (with possible exceptions up to 30 years old);
- be able to work in English;
- be available and fully committed to take part in the Youth Peace Camp;
- be curious, open-minded, appreciate diversity and ready to learn about each other’s realities;
- be motivated to learn and to apply the values and approaches of the Youth Peace Camp, notably human rights, democracy and peacebuilding;
- be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peacebuilding following the camp;
- possess a sense of responsibility for one’s own actions, a commitment to personal and community development and continue the engagement with other participants;
- preferably be involved in an organisation or network, institution, formal and/or informal group that is ready to support them throughout the project duration and afterwards when implementing youth initiatives for peace building.
Council of Europe Youth Peace Camp Application
The Camp will take place from July 4 – July 11, 2023 at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg, France. The application deadline is April 1, 2023.
For more information, visit Youth Peace Camp.
- APPLY NOW: PwC Nigeria Graduate Associate Programme 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- Call for Applications: Nigeria Health Watch Collaborative Solutions Journalism Grant 2023 |up to N1,000,000
- Call for Applications: Mandela Rhodes Foundation (MRF) Postgraduate Scholarships 2024 for study in South Africa |Fully Funded
- The Sir Emeka Okwuosa Women Enterprise Program 2023
- Call for Applications:- UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education Nomination 2023 |US$ 50,000
- Apply Now: FirstBank Management Associate Programme 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- APPLY NOW: National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Nationwide Massive Job Recruitment 2023
- Call for Applications: PwC Kenya Graduate Recruitment Program 2023 for young Kenyans
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP