Call for Applications: Mandela Rhodes Foundation (MRF) Postgraduate Scholarships 2024 for study in South Africa |Fully Funded
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing leadership journey. The scholarship combines financial support with a leadership programme that will challenge you, grow you, and connect you to young African changemakers – just like you.
- I am a citizen of an African country
- I am between the ages of 19 and 29
- By 1 Jan 2024, I will an undergraduate degree with excellent academic results (above 70% or upper-second class Honours)
- I can study at a postgraduate level in English. Take this free test if you’re unsure.
The leadership development programme
The programme is built on the founding principles of reconciliation, education, entrepreneurship, and leadership, and a belief that leadership begins with inner transformation. We aim to keep Nelson Mandela’s legacy alive by equipping young African leaders with the competence and courage to transform the continent into a place where everyone has equal opportunity to thrive. The programme is delivered primarily through a series of week-long residential workshops which you will attend during your time in residence.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship offers comprehensive funding for the core costs associated with your studies. It covers tuition for a one-year Honours degree or a two-year Masters degree in any field at a recognised South African institution of higher education. This includes tuition and registration fees, allowances for study materials, research, and medical aid, accommodation and meals, personal allowance and economy class travel to and from your home country to your South African university at the beginning and end of your degree. You will also receive a personal allowance.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies
How to Apply
- You must apply online. You can log onto the applications platform to access your application and upload your documents and essays.
- The three people who write your recommendation letters must also log onto the platform to upload their letters directly.
- You must give them plenty of time to write their letters, sign onto the platform, and upload them.
- Your application cannot be submitted without the letters and will not be considered.
- The deadline is 20 April, by which time all application documentation needs to have been uploaded.
- Your recommenders (referees) must have uploaded their references by then in order for your application to be complete.
Application Deadline: 20 April 2023
For More Information:
- The Sir Emeka Okwuosa Women Enterprise Program 2023
- Call for Applications:- UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education Nomination 2023 |US$ 50,000
- Apply Now: FirstBank Management Associate Programme 2023 for young Nigerian graduates
- OPEC Internship Program 2023 For Undergraduate Students | Apply Now
- APPLY NOW: National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Nationwide Massive Job Recruitment 2023
- Call for Applications: Nordic Africa Institute African Guest 2024 Researchers’ Scholarship Programme
- Call for Applications: PwC Kenya Graduate Recruitment Program 2023 for young Kenyans
- APPLY NOW: SCSC Social Connectedness Fellowship Program 2023
- Call for Applications: Women Digital Entrepreneurship Program 2023 for Young Nigerian Women
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP