The Nigerian Correctional Service is also known as the Nigeria Prisons Service, and the recruitment page is the same, so don’t be confused when you hear of it.
Do you intend to apply for the upcoming position opening with the Nigerian Prisons Service? If you are reading this post and want to be picked, you must be aware of the requirements to make the next shortlist.
If you want to be an officer with the Prisons Service, it is imperative that you meet all the criteria outlined below before the release of the next application form. Note every instruction given here very carefully.
Nigerian Prisons Service/ Nigerian Correctional Service
The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS), presently known as the Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS), was first established in 1861. The Nigerian Correctional Service is a part of the Ministry of Interior, together with the Nigerian Immigration Service, Federal Fire Service, Nigerian Civil Defence Corps, and Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire, and Immigration Board. Former Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari changed the organization’s name from Nigerian Prisons Service to Nigerian Correctional Service on August 15, 2019. The Nigerian Correctional Service is composed of the following directorates:
- Human Resource
- Inmate’s Training & Productivity
- Finance & Accounts
- Works & Logistics
- Health and Welfare
- Training & Staff Development
- Non-Custodial Service
Nigerian Correctional Service Recruitment Requirements
The following prerequisites must be met in order to qualify for the upcoming recruitment drive:
- A University degree preferably a B.Sc.
- A WASCE/SSCE/GCE with the minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English.
- An NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- A means of identification.
- Must be physically and medically fit.
Recruitment Application Guidelines For NPS/NCS
Those who are interested should carefully follow the instructions below to apply once the recruitment process begins:
- Visit the NCS recruitment portal www.corrections,gov.ng
- Read the requirements thoroughly
- Follow the requisite steps to apply for the recruitment.
Recruitment Update for the Nigerian Prison Service
It is crucial for applicants to understand that once the application deadline has passed, they won’t be able to access the portal to change the information they provided when applying for a job. Additionally, applicants should keep in mind that the deadline will be announced along with the start date for the hiring process.
The Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment form is not yet out, but be assured that we will inform you as soon as the form is released.
- TEF Entrepreneurship Programme 2022 Shortlisted Beneficiaries
- Call for Applications: LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIP) for Young African Changemakers
- The Stanbic IBTC FUZE Festival for Fashion Designers and Tech Innovators is now accepting applications (win N32m grand prize)
- Call for application: World Bank Group Summer Internship Program 2023 for young Professionals |Paid Internship
- Innovation Lab for Young Innovators in LATAM4WEF 2023
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP